* Re: Build failing for pc plateform
@ 2000-04-21 11:25 Sudhanshu_Tewari
From: Sudhanshu_Tewari @ 2000-04-21 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Alexandre

Thanks for  the quick reply.

I am new to gcc pl tell me what is newlib. Where i will get code & install
instructions.

Meanwhile i took the include directory out of
/usr/local/i686-pc-cygwin32/include and
copied to the path /usr/local/ppc-ibm-eabi/include

Then the build is getting those . h file and it created many more executable for
the cross devlopment platform
I couls get one executable as
gcc-cross.exe is thsi the one i can use for cross compilation ?

The make is still failing at

rm -f gcj-cross.exe; \
cp g77.exe g77-cross.exe \
/cygdrive/e/gcc-2.95.2/textinfo/makeinfo/makeinfo   -I   -o  cpp.info
./cpp.texi
./cpp.texi: error 0
make[1]: ***[cpp.info] Error 2
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

Thanks
Sudhanshu

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@cygnus.com> on 04/21/2000 12:05:01 PM

Sent by:  Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@cygnus.com>

To:   Sudhanshu Tewari/US/3Com
cc:   gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject:  Re: Build failing for pc plateform

* Re: Build failing for pc plateform
@ 2000-04-21 11:27 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-04-21 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sudhanshu_Tewari; +Cc: gcc-help

On Apr 21, 2000, Sudhanshu_Tewari@3com.com wrote:

> I am new to gcc pl tell me what is newlib.

It's a separate projec that provides a C library for cross targets.
See sourceware.cygnus.com

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaraná, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com

* Re: Build failing for pc plateform
@ 2000-04-21 11:56 Sudhanshu_Tewari
From: Sudhanshu_Tewari @ 2000-04-21 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi,

I tried building newlib
I gev configure as
host = i686-pc-cygwin32
target = ppc-ibm-eabi

configure is ok
make crashes looking for "ppc-ibm-eabi-gcc"

Here to build ppc-ibm-eabi-gcc i am building newlib ???

Thanks
Sudhanshu

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@cygnus.com> on 04/21/2000 12:27:28 PM

Sent by:  Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@cygnus.com>

To:   Sudhanshu Tewari/US/3Com
cc:   gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org

* Re: Build failing for pc plateform
@ 2000-04-21 11:05 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-04-21 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sudhanshu_Tewari; +Cc: gcc-help

On Apr 21, 2000, Sudhanshu_Tewari@3com.com wrote:

> ./libgcc2.c:41: stdlib.h: no such file or directory
> ./libgcc2.c:42: unistd.h: No Such file or directory

You need target-specific header files.  Try newlib.

--

@ 2000-04-21 10:59 Sudhanshu_Tewari
From: Sudhanshu_Tewari @ 2000-04-21 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I downloaded the ver gcc-2.95.2
I am trying to the build the the gcc
for i686-pc-cygwin32 host and
powerpc-ibm-eabi target environment.

configure works ok but mak fails at

./libgcc2.c:41: stdlib.h: no such file or directory
./libgcc2.c:42: unistd.h: No Such file or directory
make[3]: ***[libgcc2.a] Error 1
make[2]: ***[stmp-multilib-sub] error 2
make[1]: ***[stmp-multilib] Error 1
make: ***[all-gcc] Error 2

By this time it has generated may executable including xgcc.

Is this version is building on PC ?

TIA
Sudhanshu