* Solaris 8
       [not found] <980401588.28755.ezmlm@gcc.gnu.org>
@ 2001-01-24 22:35 ` Travis Shirk
From: Travis Shirk @ 2001-01-24 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I've searched for information about how gcc 2.95.3 should be build on Solaris 8
and have found no definitive suggestions.  If one exists can someone
plaese send me a URL?

What I'm looking for is what options I should use when building
gcc/g++.  Should I use gnu as and ld or use the Solaris versions?
Do I need to compile libstdc++ separately and if so what options
are recommended?  I would love to not have to purchase Sun WorkShop,
but will do so it it is required.

Travis

--
Travis Shirk <travis at pobox dot com>
Mathematics is God and Knuth is our prophet.

* Re: Solaris 8
@ 2001-01-25 13:00   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-25 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Travis Shirk; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan 25, 2001, Travis Shirk <travis@pobox.com> wrote:

> I've searched for information about how gcc 2.95.3 should be build
> on Solaris 8 and have found no definitive suggestions.  If one
> exists can someone plaese send me a URL?

Pretty much the same as on any other platform.  The documentation
explains how to build GCC in detail.

> What I'm looking for is what options I should use when building
> gcc/g++.  Should I use gnu as and ld or use the Solaris versions?

That's up to you to decide.  But GNU and non-GNU assemblers and
linkers should work.

> Do I need to compile libstdc++ separately and if so what options
> are recommended?

It's part of GCC.

> I would love to not have to purchase Sun WorkShop,
> but will do so it it is required.

If you intend to use GCC, you don't have to purchase Sun WorkShop.  A
development installation of Solaris (i.e., one that contains all the
header files and the C runtime object files, as well as an assembler
and a linker) should be enough.