* problems compiling gcc on solaris 2.5.1
@ 2001-02-09 14:12 Charles Bland
From: Charles Bland @ 2001-02-09 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi - it seems that my compiler is broken, I have not been able to compile
mysql, php or gcc-2.95.2.

I downloaded a binary of the gcc compiler 2.95.1, and my configure scripts
do not seem to recognize it as a compiler. I unzipped it, made it
executable, and put it in my /usr/local/bin dir.

Please let me know if there is something else I can try. I am doing all this
just to install php and mysql since they will not compile with my current
gcc compiler (2.72.1).

thanks,

charles
hotani@hotmail.com

* Re: problems compiling gcc on solaris 2.5.1
@ 2001-02-11  8:35 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-11  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Bland; +Cc: gcc-help

On Feb  9, 2001, "Charles Bland" <hotani@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded a binary of the gcc compiler 2.95.1

I guess you didn't get it from gcc.gnu.org, since you'll only find
sources there.  If you need help installing the binaries you got, you
should ask whoever provided you with the binaries.  I'm pretty sure
it's not just a matter of unzipping it and making it executable, since
GCC comes with a number of auxiliary programs, files and libraries.
You may need binutils too, depending on the way the binaries were
configured.