* 68xxx cross compiler on SUN SPARC SOLARIS 2.5
@ 2000-12-27  8:09 Claudio Caravaggi
From: Claudio Caravaggi @ 2000-12-27  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, I still have questions building a cross
compiler for a 68k target ( --target=m68k-coff ) on a SUN Solaris 2.5 with
GCC compiler.

Mr Oliva answers to me :" I believe you need newlib
to build m68k-coff."

Ok, but in the FAQ-4 " 4.How to configure , build,
and install GCC as a cross-compiler " newlib is built and installed AFTER
building GCC cross compiler !!?? .

Do I must use newlib in defining the option
"--with-headers=..." that MUST be specified in building a cross-compiler?(
option --with-newlib simply remove the function __eprintf from
libgcc.a)

If my target is a proprietary board with a 68332
processor ( not a machine like SUN ) is it correct to configure the cross
compiler with --target=m68k-coff ? If not w here I
can find the latest list of target supported ?

Best regards

Claudio Caravaggi clacarav@tin.it

* Re: 68xxx cross compiler on SUN SPARC SOLARIS 2.5
@ 2000-12-27  8:22 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-12-27  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Claudio Caravaggi; +Cc: gcc-help

On Dec 27, 2000, "Claudio Caravaggi" <clacarav@tin.it> wrote:

> Do I must use newlib in defining the option "--with-headers=..."
> that MUST be specified in building a cross-compiler?( option
> --with-newlib simply remove the function __eprintf from libgcc.a)

Yep, I think that's the alternative to the easier process of building
everything in a single tree.