* valid values for target?
@ 2001-01-16 10:34 Birchmier, Masaki
From: Birchmier, Masaki @ 2001-01-16 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi,
I recently installed a hpux to  powerpc cross compiler  where I set the value of
--target=powerpc-*-linux-gnu*
When testing the installation, I discovered the loader doesn't like  * in the path.

So I tried reinstalling everything with --target=powerpc-linux-gnu
binutils went ok, but gcc make failed with

/home/gnu/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/libio/libio.h:30: -G_config.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [iogetline.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/gnu/gcc/gcc-2.95-build2-powerpc/powerpc-linux-gnu/libio'
make: *** [all-target-libio] Error 2

I also noticed that this time configure  ran with mt-frag, the first installation did not.

What's the syntax for valid values for --target ?
Could you provide any suggestions for my make failure?
It didn't have any problems with -G_config.h  the first time through?

Thanks,
Masaki

* Re: valid values for target?
@ 2001-01-16 13:06 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-16 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Birchmier, Masaki; +Cc: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

On Jan 16, 2001, "Birchmier, Masaki" <Masaki.Birchier@PSS.Boeing.com> wrote:

> --target=powerpc-*-linux-gnu*

> /home/gnu/gcc/gcc-2.95.2/libio/libio.h:30: -G_config.h: No such file or directory

_G_config.h is part of glibc.  A work-around for bootstrapping is to
enter the libio build directory and `make _G_config.h' explicitly.

> What's the syntax for valid values for --target ?

The top-level configure.in pretty much has them all.