* the Gcc
@ 2001-01-09 17:22 chendyg
From: chendyg @ 2001-01-09 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello all:
  Now I use the Gcc to work.
  while doing gcc -v hello.c, I found it include the cc1
and collect2.
  could you tell me what it is.
  Thank a lot
Joshua chen

* Re: the Gcc
@ 2001-01-09 19:30 ` Yu Xuanwei
From: Yu Xuanwei @ 2001-01-09 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chendyg, gcc-help

collect2 is linker. cc1 is machine dependent code or others,
which I don't assure.

@ 2001-01-10 16:58 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-10 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chendyg; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan  9, 2001, "chendyg" <chendyg@china.com> wrote:

>   while doing gcc -v hello.c, I found it include the cc1 and collect2.
>   could you tell me what it is.

cc1 is the actual C compiler (gcc is just a compilation driver).
collect2 is a front-end to the linker that collects a couple of
information before running the actual linker.

* the Gcc and GTK to do the cross compiling
@ 2001-01-10 17:35   ` chendyg
From: chendyg @ 2001-01-10 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva, crossgcc; +Cc: gcc-help

Dear All:
   Now I am doing the cross compiling with the Gcc on GTK for ARM.
   I make the one project with the system building tools

   autoscan
   aclocal
   autoconf
   automake
  and then
 ./configure
  make
  make install
  all of these step are right for PC(intel).
  Next I want to do the cross compiling on pc for ARM.
  I change the way to
  export CC=
  and add the path including the arm-linux-gcc and gtk-config to PATH
  ./configure
  here I could not get the Makefile which use the "arm-linux-gcc `gtk-config --libs --cflags`"
  what is the way?