* build problems.
@ 2001-02-18 15:12 Jonathan Whiteman
From: Jonathan Whiteman @ 2001-02-18 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

having trouble building gcc-2.95.2:

i get a bunch of parse errors in a few of the header files in /usr/include/ and then make dumps out... stdio.h and libstd.h, time.h... something like that.  a few of them.

anyways.  i'm running egcs1.1.2 (redhat 6.2's egcs1.1.2-30 rpm's) and glibc2.1.3(first, redhat 6.2's 2.1.3-22 rpm's, then i recompiled glibc2.1.3 from source and installed that, thinking it might be a redhat-ism, but nothing changed in the glcc build errors)

so, i'm sorry to bother you with this.  i'm assuming there's just something simple i should know that i'm missing out on, but basically i'm trying to get gcc 2.95.2 installed and get glibc happy in a pathetic attempt to add a little more stability to my X (trying out compiling X 4.0.2 using the 2.4.1 kernel and Nvidia's crap drivers) setup without either switching to debian or redhat 7.0

any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time
~jon

* Re: build problems.
@ 2001-02-19 22:19 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-19 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Whiteman; +Cc: gcc-help

On Feb 18, 2001, narcocide@netscape.net (Jonathan Whiteman) wrote:

> i get a bunch of parse errors in a few of the header files in
> /usr/include/ and then make dumps out... stdio.h and libstd.h,
> time.h... something like that.  a few of them.

When exactly do you get these parse errors?  Without some further
details, it's going to be very hard to diagnose the problem.