* compiling problem
@ 2002-11-21  6:19 Michael Shepard
From: Michael Shepard @ 2002-11-21  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm running Mandrake 9.0 on a PIII 866. I want to compile an older piece
of software with the following message for Linux users:

The radar_software package will not compile using egcs or a version
of gcc later than 2.7.2.3.  It will also not link against the
libstdc++.2.8 library.  You must use the libstc++ from the
libg++-2.7.2
package.

Is there some way to install these older libraries in a way that will
let me compile/link this package? Or am I going to have to install an
older version of Linux on another machine?

Thanks.

Michael K. Shepard
Dept. Geography & Geosciences
Bloomsburg University
400 E. Second St.
Bloomsburg PA  17815
570-389-4568 ph.
570-389-3028 fax

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-11-21 14:19 UTC | newest]