* installation
@ 2003-08-28 15:36 Lee Cronce
From: Lee Cronce @ 2003-08-28 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I'm wanting to install the GCC v3.3.1 into my Mandrake Linux OS.  The online
link to the installation instructions takes me to a blank page.  I would
appreciate any help on the installation of GCC onto my computer.  Thanks.

Sincerely,
Lee Cronce

* Attribute aligned??
@ 2003-08-28 17:18 ` Sylvain Becker
From: Sylvain Becker @ 2003-08-28 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I d like to understand more precisely the "aligned" attribute.

After I write :
FOO bar __attribute__((aligned(8)));

what should be the correct adress of bar (&bar) ?
should  I have $bar == k * 8   ?

thanks for your help,

Sylvain

* Re: Installation
@ 2011-06-20  8:13 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-06-20  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mykola C.; +Cc: gcc-help

"Mykola C." <redsalt17@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I was trying to install a "gfortran" compiler on my mac. I have a
> MacBook Pro (Intel Processor) and my system is 10.6.0 Snow Leopard. I
> downloaded and installed the binary titled "Intel 64-bit processors,
> Snow Leopard: download (last updated on 2010-05-06)". However, I
> didn't get any application that allowed me to compile any code in my
> application menu. Please tell me if I should install any additional
> "front end" software in order to be on my way to compiling code.

Where did you download it from?

I don't know anything about this binary, but it's moderately likely that
you can now run "gfortran" in a terminal window.

Ian

* Installation
@ 2011-06-19 23:00 Mykola C.
From: Mykola C. @ 2011-06-19 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, I was trying to install a "gfortran" compiler on my mac. I have a
MacBook Pro (Intel Processor) and my system is 10.6.0 Snow Leopard. I
downloaded and installed the binary titled "Intel 64-bit processors,
Snow Leopard: download (last updated on 2010-05-06)". However, I
didn't get any application that allowed me to compile any code in my
application menu. Please tell me if I should install any additional
"front end" software in order to be on my way to compiling code.

Thank you in Advance.

* Installation
@ 2004-01-23 20:45 x x
From: x x @ 2004-01-23 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Any way I could get better instructions for a straight install of GCC on
Solaris 8?

Roger

* Installation
@ 2002-04-26  8:40 Vu Khuong
From: Vu Khuong @ 2002-04-26  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

I try to install gcc cross compiler (gcc-2.95.2) onto my windows 2000 prof,
using cygwin.  I seem to be successfully run configure as follow:
$ cd ~
$ cd ../../gcc-2.95.2
$ rm -f -r objdir
$ mkdir objdir
$ cd objdir
$ ../configure --with-cpu=ppc-gcc --prefix=/usr --enable-threads=win32
--with-system-zlib --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-sjlj-exceptions

then when I try to run make I got the following errors:
$ make bootstrap-lean
make.exe: command not found: /bin/sh
make.exe: *** [all-libiberty] Error 0x7f

$ make install
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr /usr
make.exe: command not found: /bin/sh
make.exe: *** [installdirs] Error 0x7f

I would appreciate any help
Thanks

Vu Huy Khuong
Omnispectrum Communication, inc.
408-941-8000 X 224
VKhuong@omnispectrum.com

* Re: installation
@ 2001-12-06 18:16 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2001-12-06 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: john pete; +Cc: gcc-help

    john> I'm having serious problems in installing gcc.  I download
    john> cygwin, installed it and its operational.

Well, if you've successfully installed cygwin why didn't you install
gcc in the same process? Anyway, just use cygwin's setup program and
choose gcc to install.

    john> I downloaded the gcc the 17 meg file, uncompressed it and
    john> even got the 1.7 meg file and did the same but i can find
    john> how to use it?

17 meg or 1.7 meg file ?? Sorry, that's not significant. I mean there
are a mere thousand files with approximately that size, though we may
break it down to a few hundred if we assume it begins with
`gcc'. Without knowing what *exactly* you downloaded and from where,
it's unlikely that someone can tell you what you should do with the
files you unpacked. (but usually it's a good idea to read the README
file and the installation instructions at the location where you got
the archive).

    john> where do i type gcc or g++ to compile my files? What is the
    john> exectuable file?

It doesn't differ in any way from the standard windows programs,
executable are those files with a .exe .com or .bat extension, AFAIK.

    john> How do i run it???  I'm new to unix but have a firm
    john> understanding of Dos, but i can seem to get gcc going.
                                      ^^^ typo?

    john> HELP!

    john> from: Frustrated computer scientist student who has an
    john> assignment due tomorrow but the lab is all full and all C++
    john> compilers for windows suck!

Well, what the OS lacks can't be compensated by the best compiler ;-).

Claudio

* installation
@ 2001-12-06 15:24 john pete
From: john pete @ 2001-12-06 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm having serious problems in installing gcc.
I download cygwin, installed it and its operational.
I downloaded the gcc the 17 meg file, uncompressed it
and even got the 1.7 meg file and did the same
but i can find how to use it?
where do i type gcc or g++ to compile my files?
What is the exectuable file?  How do i run it???
I'm new to unix but have a firm understanding of Dos,
but i can seem to get gcc going.

HELP!

from:  Frustrated computer scientist student who has
an assignment due tomorrow but the lab is all full and
all C++ compilers for windows suck!

http://greetings.yahoo.com

* Re: installation
@ 2000-11-15 13:58 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-11-15 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kyle; +Cc: gcc-help

On Nov 14, 2000, "John Kyle" <jakyl@c4.com> wrote:

> Well, I'm a student in high school, and I take a computer science
> course that uses c++. I heard gcc was a good compiler, but i can't
> figure out how to 'build' the damned thing. i assume from what i
> read that i need a fortran compiler, and i can't seem to find one in
> the subdirectories i unzipped the gcc stuff, so i assume i have to
> download one? what do i do then?

To build GCC, you only need a C compiler.  There are complete
installation instructions in the distribution, as well as at
gcc.gnu.org.  If you find there's something missing in the docs,
please let us know how we could improve them.

> also, do i have to be running unix/linux for this to work?

Nope.  GCC works on a few platforms that are not Unix or similar.

* installation
@ 2000-11-14 17:03 John Kyle
From: John Kyle @ 2000-11-14 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Sorry for the typical subject line.

Well, I'm a student in high school, and I take a computer science course that uses c++. I heard gcc was a good compiler, but i can't figure out how to 'build' the damned thing. i assume from what i read that i need a fortran compiler, and i can't seem to find one in the subdirectories i unzipped the gcc stuff, so i assume i have to download one? what do i do then?

also, do i have to be running unix/linux for this to work?

i would appreciate any response so that i know someone acrually recieved this email. if it's too complicated and you don't feel like explaining, i understand. heheheh.

Totally Amazing Search Results - Just C4 Yourself!
http://www.C4.com - Total Search Technology