public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* libgcj/1311: Testsuite fails - can't find javac
@ 2000-12-20 12:24 David.Billinghurst
From: David.Billinghurst @ 2000-12-20 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-gnats

>Number:         1311
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       Testsuite fails - can't find javac
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    green
>State:          closed
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 20 12:18:55 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:    Fri Sep 03 04:56:18 PDT 1999
>Last-Modified:  Fri Sep 03 04:56:18 PDT 1999
>Originator:     David Billinghurst
>Release:        libgcj-2.95
Now a "make check" complains about "javac not found"

Tom Tromey [tromey@cygnus.com] tells me

The test suite currently relies on finding javac. This is lame; instead it should run against both "javac" and "gcj -C", and skip javac if not found.

I'm afraid I don't have the time to hack on it right now.
Changing javac in your copy of the test suite will probably work, but offhand I don't recall what you should change it to.  You'd have to dig around in the test framework a bit.

>How-To-Repeat:
/path_to_src/configure --disable-multilib
make
make check
>Fix:
Use the environment variable SUN_JAVAC.
So....
SUN_JAVAC="gcj -C" make check
...works.
One important property of SUN_JAVAC is that it must
create class files for even for classes not specified on
the command line, but that are required to compile those
that have.  Pizza, for instance, does not have this
property.
>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:

Formerly PR libgcj/29

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: libgcj/29
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:38:43 -0700

 The reporter says:

 David> Work around is to set environment variable SUN_JAVAC to "gcj -C"
Responsible-Changed-From-To: tromey->green
Responsible-Changed-By: green
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Sep  3 04:56:18 1999
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I know the answer.
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: green
State-Changed-When: Fri Sep  3 04:56:18 1999
State-Changed-Why:
    Pr 31 implies that you already know the answer.
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-12-20 12:24 UTC | newest]