public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* java/1441: Error when attempting to run a gcj-compile program.
@ 2000-12-20 12:28 mabdelma
From: mabdelma @ 2000-12-20 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-gnats

>Number:         1441
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       Error when attempting to run a gcj-compile program.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apbianco
>State:          closed
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 20 12:19:52 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:    Thu Nov 18 17:39:45 PST 1999
>Last-Modified:  Thu Nov 18 17:40:00 PST 1999
>Originator:     Michael Abd-El-Malek
>Release:        gcj 2.95.1
I can compile java source code to .class files, and then use
a java VM to run these programs.  However, when I create the
executable and try to run them, I get the error:
à'gnu.gcj.convert.Output_8859_1" http://sourceware.cygnus.com/java/ð "unable to flush output byte buffeP ¨`ÈðÀ°àdàdjava.lang.NullPointerException

>How-To-Repeat:
Make a simple Helloworld program:
class Helloworld {
	System.out.println("Hello, GCC + Java.");
Then to compile, type:
gcj -g -o Helloworld --main=Helloworld Helloworld.java
>Fix:

>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:

Formerly PR gcj/61

From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco@cygnus.com>
To: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/61: Error when attempting to run a gcj-compile program.
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:22:53 -0700 (PDT)

 mabdelma@uwaterloo.ca writes:

 > I can compile java source code to .class files, and then use=20 a
 > java VM to run these programs.  However, when I create the
 > executable and try to run them, I get the error:

 Have you read the FAQ? Can you please make sure that

 	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/java/faq.html#4_1

 doesn't apply to you?

 ./A

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: mabdelma@uwaterloo.ca
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:55:56 -0700

 I have never seen this particular bug before.

 Could you try debugging it?  Recent versions of gdb come with Java
 support.  (In fact just yesterday I saw an announcement for a gdb
 snapshot RPM which includes Java and thread debugging for Linux.)

 If you can't debug it, I'm afraid it will have to wait until someone
 who can has the time to look at it.  I don't know when that will be.

 Tom

From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco@cygnus.com>
To: mabdelma@uwaterloo.ca
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:08:15 -0800 (PST)

 mabdelma@uwaterloo.ca writes:

 > I can compile java source code to .class files, and then use a java
 > VM to run these programs.  However, when I create the executable and
 > try to run them, I get the error:
 > =E0'gnu.gcj.convert.Output_8859_1" http://sourceware.cygnus.com/java/=F0=
 "unable
 > to flush output byte buffeP =A8`=C8=F0=C0=B0=E0d=E0djava.lang.NullPoi=
 nterException

 I'd like to move forward with that PR, most likely to close it. Are
 you still experiencing these problems or did you eventually get to
 build a suitable tool-chain?

 ./A
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: apbianco
State-Changed-When: Thu Nov 18 17:39:45 1999
State-Changed-Why:
    Micheal told me everything runs fine now.

From: apbianco@cygnus.com
To: apbianco@cygnus.com, java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com,
  mabdelma@uwaterloo.ca
Subject: Re: gcj/61
Date: 19 Nov 1999 01:39:45 -0000

 http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&database=java&pr=61
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-12-20 12:28 UTC | newest]