public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* java/1117: don't exclude private methods from method table when optimizing
@ 2000-12-20 12:09 gback
From: gback @ 2000-12-20 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-gnats; +Cc: gback

>Number:         1117
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       don't exclude private methods from method table when optimizing
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apbianco
>State:          closed
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 20 12:06:10 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:    Tue Dec 14 14:28:54 PST 1999
>Last-Modified:  Tue Dec 14 14:30:00 PST 1999
>Originator:     gback@cs.utah.edu
>Release:        CVS
Private methods are excluded from the method table
when inlining or optimization is turned on.
This breaks reflection.  On the other hand, inlined
methods may not exist in the executable at all, so
it would be "ok" to not report them.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Per Bothner suggests to keep methods in the method
table when the -fkeep-inline-functions flag is given.
Refer to
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/java-discuss/1999-q4/msg00372.html

>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:

Formerly PR gcj/110

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: apbianco
State-Changed-When: Fri Dec 10 21:17:19 1999
State-Changed-Why:
    The patch looks OK to me. Does it work for you? I'd like
    to close this PR (I'll check the patch in and write a
    Changelog entry on behalf of Per Bothner, unless Per wants
    to do it himself.)

From: apbianco@cygnus.com
To: apbianco@cygnus.com, gback@cs.utah.edu, java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/110
Date: 11 Dec 1999 05:17:19 -0000

 http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=110&database=java

From: Godmar Back <gback@cs.utah.edu>
To: apbianco@cygnus.com
Cc: gback@cs.utah.edu, java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:55:09 -0700 (MST)

  I've been using the patch successfully.

 	- Godmar

 > Synopsis: don't exclude private methods from method table when optimizing
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: apbianco
 > State-Changed-When: Fri Dec 10 21:17:19 1999
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     The patch looks OK to me. Does it work for you? I'd like
 >     to close this PR (I'll check the patch in and write a
 >     Changelog entry on behalf of Per Bothner, unless Per wants
 >     to do it himself.)
 >
 > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=110&database=java

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: apbianco
State-Changed-When: Tue Dec 14 14:28:54 1999
State-Changed-Why:
    I checked in Per's suggested patch:

From: apbianco@cygnus.com
To: apbianco@cygnus.com, gback@cs.utah.edu, java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Date: 14 Dec 1999 22:28:55 -0000

 Synopsis: don't exclude private methods from method table when optimizing

 State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
 State-Changed-By: apbianco
 State-Changed-When: Tue Dec 14 14:28:54 1999
 State-Changed-Why:
     I checked in Per's suggested patch:

 http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=110&database=java
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-12-20 12:09 UTC | newest]