public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* libgcj/1282: segmentation fault in simple HelloWorld program
@ 2000-12-20 12:23 gtsouder
From: gtsouder @ 2000-12-20 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-gnats

>Number:         1282
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       segmentation fault in simple HelloWorld program
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    tromey
>State:          closed
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 20 12:18:38 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:    Fri Jun 16 17:15:05 PDT 2000
>Last-Modified:  Fri Jun 16 17:16:00 PDT 2000
>Originator:     Tim Souder
>Release:        gcc 2.95.2/gcj 2.95.1
After following FAQ Hints 4.7 and 5.1, a simple hello world
program compiles successfully, but consistantly dumps core.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile using:
gcj Hello.java --main=Hello -lpthread -lrt

>Fix:

>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:

Formerly PR libgcj/262

Responsible-Changed-From-To: apbianco->tromey
Responsible-Changed-By: tromey
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Jun 16 17:15:05 2000
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I'm responding.
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Fri Jun 16 17:15:05 2000
State-Changed-Why:
    The version of the garbage collector used in libgcj 2.95.1
    had a bug on Solaris 2.7.  This was fixed in a subsequent
    release of the GC.

    One fix would be to use Bryce's gcj front end patch,
    and then use the resulting compiler with the latest
    libgcj (from CVS).

    I'm closing this PR, since I believe this is "fixed".
    If you disagree that this is the problem, please respond
    and I'll reopen the PR.

From: tromey@cygnus.com
To: apbianco@cygnus.com, gtsouder@mcs.drexel.edu,
  java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, tromey@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: libgcj/262
Date: 17 Jun 2000 00:15:05 -0000

 http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=262&database=java
>Unformatted:
----gnatsweb-attachment----

cHVibGljIGNsYXNzIEhlbGxvIHsKICBzdGF0aWMgdm9pZCBtYWluKFN0cmluZyBhcmdbXSkgewoJ
U3lzdGVtLm91dC5wcmludGxuKCJIZWxsbyBXb3JsZCFcbiIpOwoJU3lzdGVtLmV4aXQoMCk7CiAg
fQp9Cg==

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-12-20 12:23 UTC | newest]