public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libstdc++/1608
@ 2001-04-01  0:00 neil
From: neil @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/1608; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: neil@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, stewart@lab43.org,
  stewart@netwinder.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/1608
Date: 24 Jan 2001 20:52:44 -0000

 Synopsis: Problem with TREE_PARMLIST

 State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 State-Changed-By: neil
 State-Changed-When: Wed Jan 24 12:52:43 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     This was fixed by:
             http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-01/msg00287.html
             http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-01/msg00286.html

     And the built-ins for ARM/Xscale were re-enabled with:

     This bug is no longer present, so someone could close it.

     Thanks,
     -Rms

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1608&database=gcc
From: "Theodore.Papadopoulo" <Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/1917
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:00:00 -0000

The following reply was made to PR c++/1917; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Theodore.Papadopoulo" <Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org,
   Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:55:24 +0100

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1917&database=gcc

 Just to follow-up on this bug, I did a little searching.
 It looks like this piece of code (from instantiate_template in pt.c)
 expects
 all the tree that are referenced into the TREE_CHAIN of a TEMPLATE_DECL
 to be
 TEMPLATE_DECLs as well (as alternate entry points of the function from
 the comment).

   /* If we've just instantiated the main entry point for a function,
      instantiate all the alternate entry points as well.  */
   for (clone = TREE_CHAIN (gen_tmpl);
        clone && DECL_CLONED_FUNCTION_P (clone);
        clone = TREE_CHAIN (clone))
     instantiate_template (clone, targ_ptr);

 On the other hand, the pushdecl function (from decl.c) called from
 push_template_decl_real just chains
 the template with the other decls of the file (?) and here the previous
 decl of template function sqr
 is the synthetized destructor of class C. Since this is a FUNCTION_DECL
 and since the first thing that
 does the instantiate_template from the loop above is to check that the
 tree passed is indeed a TEMPLATE_DECL,
 we have the ICE.

 I have looked throught the documentation to understand what should be in
 the TREE_CHAIN, but I have not seen
 anything, so I guess that's as far as I can go without some help.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-04-01  0:00 UTC | newest]