public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/1811
@ 2001-04-01  0:00 neil
From: neil @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/1811; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: neil@gcc.gnu.org
To: david.osborne@nottingham.ac.uk, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c/1811
Date: 30 Jan 2001 16:42:06 -0000

 Synopsis: gcc (cpp0) fails when compiling BIND 8.2.3

 State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 State-Changed-By: neil
 State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 30 08:42:05 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     Would you please check if this happens with CVS GCC, or
     a recent snapshot?
     That version of CPP was quite buggy and I doubt CVS CPP will segfault.  It is hard for me to check your report,
     since you cannot provide preprocessed source (obviously),
     and I cannot easily reproduce your setup.

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1811&database=gcc
From: Rod Stewart <stewart@lab43.org>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/1608: Problem with TREE_PARMLIST
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:00:00 -0000

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/1608; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rod Stewart <stewart@lab43.org>
To: stewart@netwinder.org
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:36:37 -0500 (EST)

 On 10 Jan 2001 stewart@netwinder.org wrote:

 > >Release:        gcc version 2.97 20010109 (experimental)
 > I'm entering this so it does not get lost.  See the discussion on gcc-bugs for complete analysis of the problem and what the recommened solution is.  I don't really understand the problem all that well, so most of this bug report is bringing the urls together of where the discussion took place.
 >
 > For now Richard Earnshaw entered a work around to allow builds to occur on ARM again.  This problem has been around for over a month.  The result of this path is that the Xscale builtins will most likely not work with newlib.  See Richard's work around for details on this.
 >
 > Original report:
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2000-12/msg00098.html
 >
 > Start of what the problem is:
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2000-12/msg00208.html
 >
 > More details:
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2000-12/msg00239.html
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Revert Richard's patch and do a bootstrap on for an ARM target.
 > >Fix:
 > Implement the proper fix from:
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2000-12/msg00301.html

 This was fixed by:
 	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-01/msg00287.html
 	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-01/msg00286.html

 And the built-ins for ARM/Xscale were re-enabled with:

 This bug is no longer present, so someone could close it.

 Thanks,
 -Rms

From: lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/1637
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:00:00 -0000

The following reply was made to PR c++/1637; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, wanderer@rsu.ru
Date: 12 Feb 2001 06:52:23 -0000

 Synopsis: compiler internal error on unknown exception name in catch() clause

 State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 State-Changed-By: lerdsuwa
 State-Changed-When: Sun Feb 11 22:52:23 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     Fixed in the CVS.

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1637&database=gcc

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-04-01  0:00 UTC | newest]