public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: java/1999
@ 2001-04-01  0:00 bryce
From: bryce @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bryce; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1999; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: bryce@gcc.gnu.org
To: anast@solidum.com, bryce@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
  nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/1999
Date: 3 Mar 2001 02:03:53 -0000

 Synopsis: java_cup VS gcj

 Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->bryce
 Responsible-Changed-By: bryce
 Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Mar  2 18:03:53 2001
 Responsible-Changed-Why:
     .
 State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 State-Changed-By: bryce
 State-Changed-When: Fri Mar  2 18:03:53 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     I was able to build a working java_cup binary using the gcc 3.0
     branch code, once the clone problem was fixed.

     If you're still having problems, let me know and we can re-open
     the PR.

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1999&database=gcc

* Re: java/1999
@ 2001-04-01  0:00 Bryce McKinlay
From: Bryce McKinlay @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1999; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: anast@solidum.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:24:53 +1300

 Okay, I built java_cup and took a look at this. I got:

 $ cup < parser.cup
 Opening files...
 Parsing specification from standard input...
 Checking specification...
 Building parse tables...
   Computing non-terminal nullability...
   Computing first sets...
   Building state machine...
   Filling in tables...
   Checking for non-reduced productions...
 Writing parser...
 Aborted

 Looking at the crash in gdb I see:

 (gdb) up
 #1  0x402ade5c in java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(java.util.Date,
 java.lang.StringBuffer, java.text.FieldPosition) (this=@8145258,
 date=@8154bc0,
     buffer=@8169ca8, pos=@8169c90)
     at ../../../libjava/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.java:382
 382         Calendar theCalendar = (Calendar) calendar.clone();
 Current language:  auto; currently java

 If this is what you're seeing, this is a recent bug with calling clone()
 on a primitive array type. Hopefully we'll have it fixed real soon.

From: Bryce McKinlay @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1999; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: anast@solidum.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:59:32 +1300

 I've changed the category of this PR changed to Java.

 I don't know of anyone who has actually tested java_cup with GCJ, but
 there is probibly no reason why it shouldn't work.

 Could you run the binary in GDB and send a stack trace?

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1999&database=gcc