public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/186
@ 2001-05-26 12:06 Martin Sebor
From: Martin Sebor @ 2001-05-26 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lerdsuwa; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/186; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com>
To: lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/186
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 13:04:49 -0600

 lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org wrote:

 > The following reply was made to PR c++/186; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org
 > To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, heiko.goller@gmx.net, lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org,
 >   martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
 > Subject: Re: c++/186
 > Date: 26 May 2001 07:37:59 -0000
 >
 >  Synopsis: bug report: explicit template instantiation
 >
 >  Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->lerdsuwa
 >  Responsible-Changed-By: lerdsuwa
 >  Responsible-Changed-When: Sat May 26 00:37:59 2001
 >  Responsible-Changed-Why:
 >      Patch submitted.  The code is illegal though as the template
 >      specialization string_char_traits<char> already exists in
 >      <std/straits.h>.

 Yes, although core issue 259 will make it legal (if accepted). See

 http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_active.html#259

 I think gcc should implement the proposed resolution and perhaps warn
 in -pedantic mode until the former has been incorporated into the
 standard.

 Regards
 Martin

* Re: c++/186
@ 2001-05-26  0:46 lerdsuwa
From: lerdsuwa @ 2001-05-26  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lerdsuwa; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/186; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, heiko.goller@gmx.net, lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org,
  martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 26 May 2001 07:37:59 -0000