public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/2920
@ 2001-05-26 13:56 David Mosberger
From: David Mosberger @ 2001-05-26 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/2920; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Mosberger <davidm@hpl.hp.com>
To: nathan@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: davidm@hpl.hp.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org,
        wilson@redhat.com
Subject: Re: c++/2920
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 13:55:02 -0700

 The target triplet is ia64-hp-linux.  The "hp" part makes no
 difference.  I just use it to distinguish the compilers I built from
 the ones that come with the distribution.

 	--david

   Nathan> Synopsis: compiler crashes while compiling static constructor
   Nathan> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
   Nathan> State-Changed-By: nathan
   Nathan> State-Changed-When: Sat May 26 12:42:10 2001
   Nathan> State-Changed-Why:
   Nathan> what's the target triplet for IA-64 linux?
   Nathan> [the thing that's like i686-pc-linux-gnu, for an i686 linux]
   Nathan> I don't get a problem on i686, so it might be a 64 bit
   Nathan> problem

   Nathan> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2920&database=gcc

* Re: c++/2920
@ 2001-05-27  7:06 nathan
From: nathan @ 2001-05-27  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/2920; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: nathan@gcc.gnu.org
To: davidm@hpl.hp.com, davidm@hpl.hp.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
  nobody@gcc.gnu.org, wilson@redhat.com
Date: 27 May 2001 13:56:16 -0000

 Synopsis: compiler crashes while compiling static constructor

 State-Changed-From-To: feedback->analyzed
 State-Changed-By: nathan
 State-Changed-When: Sun May 27 06:56:15 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     confirmed as a bug. I've stripped the test case down, and
     attach what I find. It breaks in rtl generation, which
     is kind of outside what I know at the moment.
     this does not fail on i686, but I'm leaving it as high
     priority, it might be a 64 bit problem that alpha also
     suffers, I don't know.

@ 2001-05-26 12:46 nathan
From: nathan @ 2001-05-26 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/2920; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: nathan@gcc.gnu.org
To: davidm@hpl.hp.com, davidm@hpl.hp.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
  nobody@gcc.gnu.org, wilson@redhat.com