public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/2635
@ 2001-06-06  0:46 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2001-06-06  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/2635; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: Charlie Ross <rossc@cs.colostate.edu>
Cc: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c/2635
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:37:07 +0100 (BST)

 On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Charlie Ross wrote:

 > As described in the gnats report:  a.c is the program which gives incorrect
 > output when compiles with -O2   b.c is a program which generates more
 > examples of a.c (a.c was created by running ./b > a.c

 With whatever options I try, with 2.95.3 or with 3.0 branch, the program
 produces the output

 00001000  00001000  00001000  00001000

 Can you test with 2.95.3 and see whether you can reproduce your problem?

 --
 Joseph S. Myers
 jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: c/2635
@ 2001-06-05 19:36 Charlie Ross
From: Charlie Ross @ 2001-06-05 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/2635; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Charlie Ross <rossc@cs.colostate.edu>
To: <jsm28@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>, <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>, <nobody@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:34:38 -0600 (MDT)

 --1384216111-77957264-991794878=:14553

 I appologize.  You should find them included in this email message.  Im not
 sure how to add them to the actual gnats report.  I seem to have read
 access only.

 As described in the gnats report:  a.c is the program which gives incorrect
 output when compiles with -O2   b.c is a program which generates more
 examples of a.c (a.c was created by running ./b > a.c

 If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

 Again, I appologize for my mistake with the attachment.

 --
           _____ _____
    ___   |     | __  |

 --1384216111-77957264-991794878=:14553

 aW50IG1haW4oKSB7DQogIGxvbmcgQTAsIEIwID0gNDA5NjsNCiAgbG9uZyBB
 MSwgQjEgPSA0MDk2Ow0KICBsb25nIEEyLCBCMiA9IDQwOTY7DQogIGxvbmcg
 QTMsIEIzID0gNDA5NjsNCg0KICBmb3IoQTAgPSAwOyBBMCA8IDQwOTY7IEEw
 ICs9IEIwKTsNCiAgZm9yKEExID0gMDsgQTEgPCA0MDk2OyBBMSArPSBCMSk7
 DQogIGZvcihBMiA9IDA7IEEyIDwgNDA5NjsgQTIgKz0gQjIpOw0KICBmb3Io
 QTMgPSAwOyBBMyA8IDQwOTY7IEEzICs9IEIzKTsNCg0KICBwcmludGYoIiUw
 OGx4ICAiLEEwKTsNCiAgcHJpbnRmKCIlMDhseCAgIixBMSk7DQogIHByaW50
 ZigiJTA4bHggICIsQTIpOw0KICBwcmludGYoIiUwOGx4XG4iLEEzKTsNCg0K
 ICByZXR1cm4gKDApOw0KfQ0K
 --1384216111-77957264-991794878=:14553

 DQppbnQgbWFpbihpbnQgYXJnYyxjaGFyICoqYXJndikgew0KICBpbnQgaTsN
 Cg0KICBpZihhcmdjPDIpIHsNCiAgICBwcmludGYoIllvdSBuZWVkIHRvIGdp
 dmUgYSBudW1iZXIgb2YgY29waWVzIHRvIGludGVybGFjZVxuIg0KCSAgICJm
 b3IgZXhhbXBsZTpcbiINCgkgICAiJXMgNFxuIixhcmd2WzBdKTsNCiAgICBl
 eGl0KDApOw0KICB9DQoNCiAgcHJpbnRmKCJpbnQgbWFpbigpIHtcbiIpOw0K
 ICBmb3IoaT0wO2k8YXRvaShhcmd2WzFdKTtpKyspDQogICAgcHJpbnRmKCIg
 IGxvbmcgQSVkLCBCJWQgPSA0MDk2O1xuIixpLGkpOw0KICBwcmludGYoIlxu
 Iik7DQoNCiAgZm9yKGk9MDtpPGF0b2koYXJndlsxXSk7aSsrKQ0KICAgIHBy
 aW50ZigiICBmb3IoQSVkID0gMDsgQSVkIDwgNDA5NjsgQSVkICs9IEIlZCk7
 XG4iLGksaSxpLGkpOw0KICBwcmludGYoIlxuIik7DQoNCiAgZm9yKGk9MDtp
 PGF0b2koYXJndlsxXSk7aSsrKQ0KICAgIHByaW50ZigiICBwcmludGYoXCIl
 JTA4bHglc1wiLEElZCk7XG4iLA0KCSAgICAoKGkrMSklOCA9PSAwIHx8IChp
 KzEpPj1hdG9pKGFyZ3ZbMV0pKT8iXFxuIjoiICAiLGkpOw0KDQogIHByaW50
 ZigiXG4gIHJldHVybiAoMCk7XG59XG4iKTsNCiAgcmV0dXJuICgwKTsNCn0N
 Cg==

@ 2001-06-05 14:26 jsm28
From: jsm28 @ 2001-06-05 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/2635; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jsm28@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, jsm28@cam.ac.uk, nobody@gcc.gnu.org,
  rossc@cs.colostate.edu