public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libgcj/2737: User-defined thrown exception is not found
@ 2001-06-07 16:10 tromey
From: tromey @ 2001-06-07 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, jddahl, nobody, tromey

Synopsis: User-defined thrown exception is not found

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->tromey
Responsible-Changed-By: tromey
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jun  7 16:10:11 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I'm looking at it.
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Thu Jun  7 16:10:11 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    I couldn't reproduce this with the current gcc 3.0 branch.
    I tried making a couple of .java files: one an exception
    and one that tries to throw that exception from its
    constructor (like your example).
    Both classes were in the default package.
    I tried building these classes both from the directory
    they were in, and also in another directory using `-I'.
    Both times it worked fine.

    Can you give me more information that would help me
    be able to reproduce the bug?  The best way would be
    if you had a couple of small, self-contained files that
    I could unpack, plus instructions for how to see the
    problem.
    Thanks.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2737&database=gcc

* Re: libgcj/2737: User-defined thrown exception is not found
@ 2001-06-21  9:03 tromey
From: tromey @ 2001-06-21  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, jddahl, tromey

Synopsis: User-defined thrown exception is not found

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Thu Jun 21 09:03:45 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    No bug here.

@ 2001-05-04  8:06 jddahl
From: jddahl @ 2001-05-04  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         2737
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       User-defined thrown exception is not found
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 04 08:06:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jddahl@micron.com
>Release:        unknown-1.0
ERROR:
/u/jddahl/java/sources/test/core/LotNumber.java:28: Class `InitializationException' not found in `throws'.
       public LotNumber( String lot ) throws InitializationException

MAKEFILE:
 # macro definitions
MAKE = /usr/ucb/gmake
GCJ = /usr/jddahl/jcc/bin/gcj
OBJECTS = /u/jddahl/java/objects_linux
SOURCES = /u/jddahl/java/sources
OPATH = $(OBJECTS)/test/core
SPATH = $(SOURCES)/test/core
CLASSPATH = -classpath .:$(OBJECTS):$(SOURCES)

# program file
$(OPATH)/LotNumber.o:	$(OPATH)/InitializationException.o $(SPATH)/LotNumber.java
	$(GCJ) -c -o $(OPATH)/LotNumber.o $(SPATH)/LotNumber.java

$(OPATH)/InitializationException.o:	$(SPATH)/InitializationException.java
	$(GCJ) -c -o $(OPATH)/InitializationException.o $(SPATH)/InitializationException.java
#	$(MAKE) -f $(SPATH)/InitializationException.mak

JAVA FILE:
public class LotNumber
{
    public LotNumber( String lot ) throws InitializationException
    {

The InitializationException class is in the same package and directory
as the LotNumber class.

How do I include the InitializationException.o in the new LotNumber.o other than as a prerequisite.
>How-To-Repeat:
Seems any user=defined exception that is thrown may not be
included.