public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/2047: Internal compiler error in `require_complete_type', at c-typeck.c:96
@ 2001-06-22  7:03 jsm28
From: jsm28 @ 2001-06-22  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jreiser, jsm28, nobody

Synopsis: Internal compiler error in `require_complete_type', at c-typeck.c:96

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->open
State-Changed-By: jsm28
State-Changed-When: Fri Jun 22 07:03:01 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Feedback from submitter, who no longer has the machine and
    tools to test with.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2047&database=gcc

* Re: c/2047: Internal compiler error in `require_complete_type', at c-typeck.c:96
@ 2001-09-10 18:39 wilson
From: wilson @ 2001-09-10 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jreiser, jsm28, nobody, wilson

Synopsis: Internal compiler error in `require_complete_type', at c-typeck.c:96

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->wilson
Responsible-Changed-By: wilson
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Sep 10 18:39:44 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    IA-64 maintainer
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: wilson
State-Changed-When: Mon Sep 10 18:39:44 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    I reproduced the problem with the old obsolete 000717
    release.  It is a problem with cascading errors, resulting
    in a type tree that is invalid.  The internal consistency
    checking code detects the problem and triggers an abort.

    With current gcc sources, when we detect an inconsistency,
    if there were prior errors in the source code, then instead
    of aborting, we emit an error message "confused by earlier
    errors" and exit cleanly.  This seems like a reasonable
    solution to me.  We could add more code to handle this
    case, but it doesn't seem worthwhile, since we would just
    get even more useless error messages than we already do.

@ 2001-06-22  3:49 jsm28
From: jsm28 @ 2001-06-22  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jreiser, jsm28, nobody

Synopsis: Internal compiler error in `require_complete_type', at c-typeck.c:96

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: jsm28
State-Changed-When: Fri Jun 22 03:49:05 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    This is not a compiler version provided by the FSF.
    Does the problem occur with the GCC 3.0 release or with
    current mainline or 3.0 branch GCC CVS?

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2047&database=gcc