public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* bootstrap/3453: Make bootstrap error.
@ 2001-06-28  2:16 dangaio
From: dangaio @ 2001-06-28  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         3453
>Category:       bootstrap
>Synopsis:       Make bootstrap error.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 28 02:16:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Alison
>Release:        unknown-1.0
I have recieved a reply to my problem (I try to "make bootstrap" after configuring and it stops with an error 2 when it arrives to the libstd++ (somethin like that)).  The reply was from aoliva@gcc.gnu.org (unset LANG LC_COLLATE), but where do I do that?  I am a real newbie in this stuff.  Please let me know so that I can finally use this version and begin to do my college projects.

Thank you.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: bootstrap/3453: Make bootstrap error.
@ 2001-06-29 14:44 ljrittle
From: ljrittle @ 2001-06-29 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dangaio, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: Make bootstrap error.

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: ljrittle
State-Changed-When: Fri Jun 29 14:44:39 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Workaround provided (otherwise, this is a repeat of
    an already open PR 3284)

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=3453&database=gcc

* Re: bootstrap/3453: Make bootstrap error
@ 2001-06-28 18:16 Matt Schalit
From: Matt Schalit @ 2001-06-28 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/3453; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matt Schalit <mschalit@pacbell.net>
To: dangaio@hotmail.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/3453: Make bootstrap error
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:04:10 -0700

 dangaio@hotmail.com wrote:

 > >Number:         3453
 > >Category:       bootstrap
 > >Synopsis:       Make bootstrap error.
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       serious
 > >Responsible:    unassigned
 > >State:          open
 > >Class:          sw-bug
 > >Submitter-Id:   net
 > >Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 28 02:16:01 PDT 2001
 > >Closed-Date:
 > >Last-Modified:
 > >Originator:     Alison
 > >Release:        unknown-1.0
 > I have recieved a reply to my problem (I try to "make bootstrap" after configuring and it stops with an error 2 when it arrives to the libstd++ (somethin like that)).  The reply was from aoliva@gcc.gnu.org (unset LANG LC_COLLATE), but where do I do that?  I am a real newbie in this stuff.  Please let me know so that I can finally use this version and begin to do my college projects.
 >
 > Thank you.
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 >
 > >Fix:
 >
 > >Release-Note:
 > >Audit-Trail:
 > >Unformatted:

 Hi Alison,

 This is not a flame :-)

 But this is not a GNU bug, and it'd be nice if you'd close
 this request and/or ask them to close it.  To do that
 send a new message to gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org with the subject,

       Please close bootstrap/3453

 The question you ask, how do I set and unset environment
 variables, has nothing to do with gcc, and is best asked
 on a Usenet list like comp.unix.shell.

 I realize that gcc doesn't build with your LANG or
 your LC_COLLATE, and that inablility to build may be a
 bug, but how to change environment variables is not
 a bug report but a general Unix question.

 The short answer is to type this at your command prompt:

   $ unset LANG
   $ unset LC_COLLATE

 An be sure to build gcc in an objdir!

 The reason why I've told you all this is because there's
 too many bug reports around here, and there's at least
 a thousand that haven't even been looked at, at all.
 I think some bugs with numbers in the low hundreds aren't
 even fixed yet.

 Best,
 Matthew