public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/3683: cross-compiling from linux to solaris
@ 2001-07-13 12:53 aoliva
From: aoliva @ 2001-07-13 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anast, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: cross-compiling from linux to solaris

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: aoliva
State-Changed-When: Fri Jul 13 12:53:31 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Not a bug.

    Be sure to build a cross-binutils before (or along with) GCC, and beware that you need Solaris headers and libraries to build the cross compiler.  See the CrossGCC FAQ for details.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=3683&database=gcc

* bootstrap/3683: cross-compiling from linux to solaris
@ 2001-07-13 12:36 anast
From: anast @ 2001-07-13 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         3683
>Category:       bootstrap
>Synopsis:       cross-compiling from linux to solaris
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jul 13 12:36:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     anast@solidum.com
>Release:        unknown-1.0
i'm trying to cross-compile gcj from linux to
solaris,(sparc-sun-solaris2)but it failed. here are the steps
that i followed :

mkdir compile
cd compile
mv ../gcc-20001211.tar.gz .
gunzip *.gz
tar xfv *.tar
ln -s gcc-20001211 gcc
cd compile
mkdir objdir
cd objdir
../gcc/configure --target= sparc-sun-solaris2 --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/tmp/compile/bin
--enable-shared --enable-languages=c++,java
make bootstrap
please if you remark that i'm doing some thing wrong or
there is some informations missing on gcj faq, let me know
by sending me the right steps to get te the executable gcj
which will run on solaris.

thanks.