public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* c/3874: gcc 3.0 breaks Mercury
@ 2001-07-30  5:06 fjh
From: fjh @ 2001-07-30  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats; +Cc: mercury-bugs

>Number:         3874
>Category:       c
>Synopsis:       gcc 3.0 breaks Mercury
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          ice-on-legal-code
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jul 30 05:06:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Fergus Henderson
>Release:        gcc-3.0
gcc 3.0 crashes when compiling the C files generated by the Mercury compiler.
The problem seems to be related to taking the address of an unreachable label.
The problem still occurs in the current snapshots.
>How-To-Repeat:
gcc -O bug.c
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: c/3874: gcc 3.0 breaks Mercury
@ 2001-07-30 13:45 aoliva
From: aoliva @ 2001-07-30 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fjh, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, mercury-bugs, nobody

Synopsis: gcc 3.0 breaks Mercury

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: aoliva
State-Changed-When: Mon Jul 30 13:45:31 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    re-submitted as 3875

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=3874&database=gcc

* Re: c/3874: gcc 3.0 breaks Mercury
@ 2001-07-30  6:36 Fergus Henderson
From: Fergus Henderson @ 2001-07-30  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/3874; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c/3874: gcc 3.0 breaks Mercury
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:34:04 +1000

 Sorry, for some reason the attachment didn't work on that.
 I have resubmitted this with more details as PR 3875,
 so please close this PR 3874.

 WWW: < http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh >  |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.