public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/4369: Can't create executables (dont work)
@ 2001-09-20 11:16 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-09-20 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/4369; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com>
To: jgutierrez@e-net.com.mx
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/4369: Can't create executables (dont work)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:11:19 -0400

 On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 05:44:52PM -0000, jgutierrez@e-net.com.mx wrote:
 > >Category:       c++
 > # ./configure
 > checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
 > checking for gcc... gcc
 > checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
 > configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

 First, you don't know that the C compiler is broken.  It has probably been
 installed incorrectly.  Look at the config.log file to se what exactly
 happened during the test.  /Then/ if it's a bug, report it.  Probably it
 isn't a bug.

 Secondly, this shouldn't have been filed under "C++" even if there is a
 bug in the C compiler.

 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Get the package og GNUgcc from sunfreware web page. Then the qpopper4.0.3 from eudora web page. Then install the gcc. uncompress the qpopper file and try to run the command ./configure in the directory created by the archive qpopper4.0.3

 You need to read the bug-reporting instructions.  We don't do any of
 those things.

 --
 Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
 new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance

* Re: c++/4369: Can't create executables (dont work)
@ 2001-09-20 13:57 pme
From: pme @ 2001-09-20 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jgutierrez, nobody

Synopsis: Can't create executables (dont work)

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: pme
State-Changed-When: Thu Sep 20 13:57:09 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Email with the user revealed that the assembler wasn't
    installed.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=4369&database=gcc

* c++/4369: Can't create executables (dont work)
@ 2001-09-20 10:46 jgutierrez
From: jgutierrez @ 2001-09-20 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         4369
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       Can't create executables (dont work)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Sep 20 10:46:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Tyr to compile the qpopper file configure or anyone else
>Release:        3.0.1

When i try to compile a file (configure of qpopper or else) the system give me the next message.

# ./configure