public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libstdc++/4435: Object file has undefined basic_string symbol as local.
@ 2001-10-02 14:48 pme
From: pme @ 2001-10-02 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dje, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, gsicherm, nobody

Synopsis: Object file has undefined basic_string symbol as local.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->dje
Responsible-Changed-By: pme
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Oct  2 14:48:17 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Thank you for your bug report.

    I'll ask Mr. Edelson to look into this one, as the AIX
    expert.  This may be one of those case where, after
    installation, you need to do a "chmod o-r" on the library.
    (AIX interprets that as an order to map parts of the
    library differently than normal at runtime -- and if that
    isn't a serious abuse of file permission design, I don't
    know what is. *grin*)  If you try this and it works, please
    let us know so that we can close this PR without taking up
    more of dje's time.

    As an aside,

    > None known.  I suspect that this statement in the
    > template in basic_string.h is at fault:
    >
    >  size_type
    >  max_size() const { return _Rep::_S_max_size; }
    >
    > If the variable _S_max_size is private to struct _Rep,
    > how can you hope to access it like this?

    None of the members of _Rep are private.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=4435&database=gcc

* Re: libstdc++/4435: Object file has undefined basic_string symbol as local.
@ 2002-11-06 12:05 dje
From: dje @ 2002-11-06 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dje, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, gsicherm

Synopsis: Object file has undefined basic_string symbol as local.

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: dje
State-Changed-When: Wed Nov  6 12:05:02 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    This appears to be fixed in G++ 3.2.  Please upgrade your
    installation if you have not done so already.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=4435

* Re: libstdc++/4435: Object file has undefined basic_string symbol as local
@ 2002-11-06  9:26 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2002-11-06  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dje; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/4435; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: dje@watson.ibm.com, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: libstdc++/4435: Object file has undefined basic_string symbol
 as local