public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: web/4857: GNATS followup messages that were not filed
@ 2001-11-01 14:46 jsm28
From: jsm28 @ 2001-11-01 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-gnats, gcc-prs, gerald, jsm28

Synopsis: GNATS followup messages that were not filed

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: jsm28
State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 12 08:22:53 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Confirming my PR, setting to priority "high", and testing
    that status change messages do now go to the right addresses.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=4857&database=gcc

* Re: web/4857: GNATS followup messages that were not filed
@ 2002-04-04 10:15 mmitchel
From: mmitchel @ 2002-04-04 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, jsm28, nobody

Synopsis: GNATS followup messages that were not filed

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->closed
State-Changed-By: mmitchel
State-Changed-When: Thu Apr  4 10:15:21 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Realisticaly, nobody is going to analyze all of the old
    messages, and with every passing day it becomes less and
    less important to do so.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=4857

* Re: web/4857: GNATS followup messages that were not filed
@ 2001-11-02  6:58 gerald
From: gerald @ 2001-11-02  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/4857; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: gerald@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
  gerald@gcc.gnu.org, jsm28@cam.ac.uk, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: web/4857: GNATS followup messages that were not filed
Date: 13 Nov 2001 16:14:41 -0000

 Synopsis: GNATS followup messages that were not filed

 Responsible-Changed-From-To: gerald->unassigned
 Responsible-Changed-By: gerald
 Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Nov 13 08:14:41 2001
 Responsible-Changed-Why:
     Overrule auto-assignment in this case.

@ 2001-11-02  4:46 gerald

From: jsm28 @ 2001-11-01 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gerald; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR web/4857; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jsm28@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
  gerald@gcc.gnu.org, jsm28@cam.ac.uk
Date: 12 Nov 2001 16:22:54 -0000

@ 2001-11-01 13:58 Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2001-11-01 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats; +Cc: jsm28

>Number:         4857
>Category:       web
>Synopsis:       GNATS followup messages that were not filed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    gerald
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Nov 12 08:06:02 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Joseph S. Myers
>Release:        3.1 20011111 (experimental)
>Environment:
System: Linux digraph 2.2.20 #2 Sat Nov 10 16:44:22 UTC 2001 i686 unknown
Architecture: i686

host: i686-pc-linux-gnu
build: i686-pc-linux-gnu
target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
configured with: ../gcc-cvs/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc/mainline --disable-shared --enable-threads=posix --with-system-zlib

Between 2001/06/02 18:29:51 UTC (when gnatsweb-2.8.0 was first
imported into GCC CVS, revision 1.30) and 2001/11/12 15:48:07 UTC
(when I fixed the problem, revision 1.42), PR status change messages
generated by gnatsweb did not include gcc-gnats in their recipients.
This meant that replies to those messages did not go to gcc-gnats, and
some PRs may have been wrongly closed for lack of feedback.

For every message to gcc-bugs between those dates that included a PR
number in its Subject line, was not an initial PR submission, and did
not include gcc-gnats in its destination addresses, either the message
or its URL in the web list archives should be sent to the PR to remedy
this.  Also, every such closed PR needs to be considered individually
to determine whether, given the unfiled feedback, it should not have
been closed; in particular, any wrongly closed for lack of feedback
must be re-opened.

>How-To-Repeat:

Look at such a PR and find missing feedback sent by an ordinary user
who didn't know that they needed to add gcc-gnats to the addresses
they sent their mail to.

>Fix:

File the messages and re-open PRs as described above.