public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: target/4547: compile/assembly of cplus-dem.c fails; line 1433: error: unknown opcode ".subsection"
@ 2001-11-10 11:33 rodrigc
From: rodrigc @ 2001-11-10 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-gnats, gcc-prs, george.goffe, nobody

Synopsis: compile/assembly of cplus-dem.c fails; line 1433: error: unknown opcode ".subsection"

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: rodrigc
State-Changed-When: Sun Nov 18 11:37:27 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    According to this thread in comp.sys.sun.admin, you are
    encountering this error because
    using a version of gcc configured to use the GNU assembler
    in binutils, but you are using the Solaris assembler.

    Is this correct?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=7c0bff59.0110161920.51f39ed0%40posting.google.com

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=4547&database=gcc

* Re: target/4547: compile/assembly of cplus-dem.c fails; line 1433: error: unknown opcode ".subsection"
@ 2001-11-14  5:16 rodrigc
From: rodrigc @ 2001-11-14  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/4547; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
  george.goffe@seagate.com, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/4547: compile/assembly of cplus-dem.c fails; line 1433: error: unknown opcode ".subsection"
Date: 19 Nov 2001 20:33:18 -0000

 Synopsis: compile/assembly of cplus-dem.c fails; line 1433: error: unknown opcode ".subsection"

 State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
 State-Changed-By: rodrigc
 State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 19 12:33:18 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     If you are using a version of gcc from sunfreeware.com
     then you must install the binutils package, also
     available from that site, since their package
     is configured with binutils, not the Sun assembler.

@ 2001-11-13 19:46 rodrigc
From: rodrigc @ 2001-11-13 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-gnats, gcc-prs, george.goffe, nobody

@ 2001-11-13 18:26 George.R.Goffe
From: George.R.Goffe @ 2001-11-13 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/4547; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: George.R.Goffe@seagate.com
To: rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/4547: compile/assembly of cplus-dem.c fails; line 1433: error: unknown
 opcode ".subsection"
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:54:53 -0800

 Craig,

 I had this problem on "my" solaris 2.7 system with the gcc 3.0.1 package
 from sunfreeware. Since things didn't work at that level for me, I removed
 the 3.0.1 and went back to 3.0 (and other bugs, sigh).

 I've seen this problem before but don't remember exactly where. I recall
 some of the details though and think I got around the problem by renaming
 /usr/ccs/bin/as.

 I build gcc and other software on "my" solaris 2.6/7/8 systems here in my
 spare time, sigh. If you would like me to help with this I'm willing to do
 what I can. If you need more info just email me.

 Regards,

 George...

 rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org on 11/18/2001 11:37:27 AM

 To:   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
       george.goffe@seagate.com, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
 cc:

 Subject:  Re: target/4547: compile/assembly of cplus-dem.c fails; line

@ 2001-11-10 18:16 rodrigc
From: rodrigc @ 2001-11-10 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/4547; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
  george.goffe@seagate.com, nobody@gcc.gnu.org