public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* other/4895: Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented
@ 2001-11-12 20:16 nzook
From: nzook @ 2001-11-12 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         4895
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Nov 18 18:36:00 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Nathan Zook
>Release:        3.0.1
Athlon is mapped to i686 by configure.sub.
march=athlon and mcpu=athlon options not documented
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Update configure routines & documentation.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: other/4895: Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented
@ 2002-10-10  8:01 hubicka
From: hubicka @ 2002-10-10  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, nzook

Synopsis: Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: hubicka
State-Changed-When: Thu Oct 10 08:01:19 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Already solved in 3.2 as mentioned in the audit

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=4895

* Re: other/4895: Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented
@ 2002-10-02 20:06 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2002-10-02 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR other/4895; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com>
To: gerald@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, nzook@bga.com,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: other/4895: Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 23:00:02 -0400

 On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 08:21:47PM -0000, gerald@gcc.gnu.org wrote:
 > Synopsis: Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: gerald
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Sep  9 13:21:46 2002
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     As I have been told by one of our developers, these issues
 >     should have been adressed by now (GCC 3.2). Can you confirm
 >     this?
 >
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=4895

 On the trunk, athlon and athlon_* are recognized as valid --target=foo
 machines.  Documentation has been updated too.

 Phil

                                                  - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

* Re: other/4895: Athlon not supported by configure.  Athlon options undocumented
@ 2002-09-09 13:21 gerald