public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/4844: Code generation bug for hppa64
@ 2001-11-20 23:05 ross.alexander
From: ross.alexander @ 2001-11-20 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/4844; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: ross.alexander@uk.neceur.com
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: law@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: c/4844: Code generation bug for hppa64
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:18:40 +0000

 To all concerned,

 After some investigation I have tracked the problem down to
 expr.c.  The statement

      b.neg =  !b.neg;

 Somewhere this generates a tree EQ_EXPR.  In expand_expr
 the do_store_flag (line 7896) fails and the code falls through to
 TRUTH_ANDIF_EXPR which as the line

      if (target)
           emit_clr_insn(target);

 Unfortunately as the target is also the RHS on the expr it clears
 the value before it gets a chance to all emit_0_1_insn.

 I don't really have a good enough understanding of what is going
 on to do anything more about this.

 Any help would be most appriciated.

 Many thanks

 Ross

 Ross Alexander                           "He knows no more about his
 MIS - NEC Europe Limited            destiny than a tea leaf knows
 Work ph: +44 20 8752 3394         the history of East India Company"

                     gcc-gnats@gcc
                     .gnu.org             To:     Ross Alexander <ross.alexander@uk.neceur.com>
                                          cc:
                     09/11/01             Subject:     Re: c/4844: Code generation bug for hppa64
                     17:56
                     Please
                     respond to
                     gcc-gnats;
                     Please
                     respond to
                     nobody

 Thank you very much for your problem report.
 It has the internal identification `c/4844'.
 The individual assigned to look at your
 report is: unassigned.

 >Category:       c
 >Responsible:    unassigned
 >Synopsis:       Code generation bug for hppa64
 >Arrival-Date:   Fri Nov 09 09:56:01 PST 2001

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-26 13:26 UTC | newest]