public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libstdc++/4435
@ 2001-12-03 10:36 gsicherm
From: gsicherm @ 2001-12-03 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dje; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/4435; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: gsicherm@elity.com
To: rodrigc@mediaone.net
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/4435
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:30:22 -0500

 On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 08:58:46PM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=4435&database=gcc
 >
 > This is forwarded from PR 4473.
 >
 >        George sent me a followup, but he forgot to cc the GNATS address.
 >        I've tried to reply to him since, but there's a mail loop at his end;
 >        everything bounces. (The sysadmin there has been informed.)

 Sorry--I'm the only Unix user here and I have to do my own adminsyssing.
 (And today is backup day for me!)  I think I've got mail fixed now.  Try
 sending to "gsicherm@elity.com".  The address "george@elity.com" as in my
 earlier message will bounce.

 --
 George L. Sicherman
 work: gsicherm@elity.com

* Re: libstdc++/4435
@ 2001-12-01 18:06 Craig Rodrigues
From: Craig Rodrigues @ 2001-12-01 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dje; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/4435; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@mediaone.net>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   dje@gcc.gnu.org, gsicherm@elity.com
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 20:58:46 -0500

 ==================================================================================================================

                George sent me a followup, but he forgot to cc the GNATS
 address.
                I've tried to reply to him since, but there's a mail loop
 at his end;
                everything bounces. (The sysadmin there has been
 informed.)

                > Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:32:01 -0400
                > From: george@elity.com
                > To: pme@gcc.gnu.org
                > Subject: libstdc++/4435
                >
                > Thanks for your response. I see now that it's the
 struct _Rep
                > itself that is private, not its members.
                >
                > I set o-r on all the *.a files -- and the *.la files
 too just to
                > be safe. The bug persisted.
                >
                > >From the assembler code, the reference to _S_max_size
 seems to be
                > in _Rep::_S_create(). It's the same on the Sun, but
 there I also
                > find what seem to be linkage declarations for
 _S_max_size. It's
                > been a long time since I wrestled with C++; I can't
 tell whether
                > _S_max_size really ought to be local or external.
                >
                > Maybe it's a thread problem. I didn't mention it in my
 bug report,
                > but I'm getting two other undefined externals:
 .pthread_mutex_lock