public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: optimization/4579
@ 2002-01-02 17:46 Matt Hiller
From: Matt Hiller @ 2002-01-02 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR optimization/4579; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matt Hiller <hiller@redhat.com>
To: d-s-j@web.de, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
        gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: optimization/4579
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:44:02 -0800 (PST)

 	I've had some time to look at this again. The problem's cropping
 up in combine; combine_simplify_rtx ends up calling
 gen_lowpart_for_combine (V2SFmode, const1_rtx), but
 gen_lowpart_for_combine doesn't deal properly with the V2SFmode arguument.
 Disabling the call to gen_lowpart_for_combine fixes the problem, but this
 isn't a proper solution; I'm working on one now.

 Matt

 --

 Matt Hiller
 GCC Engineer, Red Hat, Inc., Sunnyvale office

* Re: optimization/4579
@ 2001-12-06 15:56 Matt Hiller
From: Matt Hiller @ 2001-12-06 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR optimization/4579; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matt Hiller <hiller@redhat.com>
To: d-s-j@web.de, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
        gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org