public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: java/5552: jar fails to include class files in subdirectories
@ 2002-01-31  9:06 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-01-31  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/5552; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: bero@redhat.de
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/5552: jar fails to include class files in subdirectories
Date: 31 Jan 2002 10:24:21 -0700

 bero> jar cvf qtjava.jar org/kde/qt/*.class

 bero> gcj's jar creates an empty manifest and packages it in an
 bero> otherwise empty jar file.

 I checked in a fix for this yesterday.
 Please try that version and see if it works.

 Thanks,
 Tom

* Re: java/5552: jar fails to include class files in subdirectories
@ 2002-02-07 17:20 tromey
From: tromey @ 2002-02-07 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bero, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, nobody, tromey

Synopsis: jar fails to include class files in subdirectories

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->tromey
Responsible-Changed-By: tromey
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Feb  7 17:20:11 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I'm handling this.
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Thu Feb  7 17:20:11 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    I checked in the fix already.
    If it doesn't work for you, please tell me and I will reopen the PR.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=5552

* java/5552: jar fails to include class files in subdirectories
@ 2002-01-31  3:06 bero
From: bero @ 2002-01-31  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         5552
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       jar fails to include class files in subdirectories
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jan 31 03:06:01 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     bero@redhat.de
>Release:        CVS HEAD 2002/01/30
This can be noticed for example while building the Qt Java bindings:

Using the command:
jar cvf qtjava.jar org/kde/qt/*.class

gcj's jar creates an empty manifest and packages it in an otherwise empty jar file.

I'd expect the class files to be included both in the jar file and the manifest, the way the non-free JDKs do.
>How-To-Repeat:
mkdir foo
mv foo.class foo
jar cvf foo.jar foo/*.class