public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: target/6075: cross gcc use wrong as when build
@ 2002-04-02 16:06 Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2002-04-02 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/6075; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>
To: undefine@pld.org.pl
Cc: rth@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   nobody@gcc.gnu.org, undefine@venus.wmid.amu.edu.pl, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/6075: cross gcc use wrong as when build
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:04:33 -0800

 On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:01:05PM +0200, undefine@aramin.one.pl wrote:
 > I thing this is only workaround. imho gcc should use target-as when
 > compile to target and as when compile code for local machine.

 If you like, you may submit patches for that, but that's
 not the way things are set up currently.

 One has to play directory games anyway to find libraries,
 headers, etc.  I don't see the disadvantage of continuing
 those directory games to find the assembler.

 r~

* Re: target/6075: cross gcc use wrong as when build
@ 2002-04-02 15:46 undefine
From: undefine @ 2002-04-02 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/6075; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: undefine@aramin.one.pl
To: rth@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:01:05 +0200

 On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 02:44:33AM -0000, rth@gcc.gnu.org wrote:
 > Synopsis: cross gcc use wrong as when build
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 > State-Changed-By: rth
 > State-Changed-When: Thu Mar 28 18:44:32 2002
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     Use --prefix=/some/dir where /some/dir is where you installed
 >     the appropriate cross-binutils.
 >
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=6075
 I thing this is only workaround. imho gcc should use target-as when
 compile to target and as when compile code for local machine.
 in example should use mipsel-pld-linux-as when compile code for
 mipsel-pld-linux and as when compile code which run on localmachine.

* Re: target/6075: cross gcc use wrong as when build
@ 2002-03-28 18:44 rth