public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: optimization/4140: Possible manpage/documentation error? -di option no longer available in 3.0
@ 2002-04-02 23:30 rth
From: rth @ 2002-04-02 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apiszcz, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: Possible manpage/documentation error? -di option no longer available in 3.0

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: rth
State-Changed-When: Tue Apr  2 23:30:49 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    That's odd; I was sure it was present in 3.0...
    Anyway, it certainly is in 3.1.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=4140

* optimization/4140: Possible manpage/documentation error? -di option no longer available in 3.0
@ 2001-08-27  9:46 apiszcz
From: apiszcz @ 2001-08-27  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         4140
>Category:       optimization
>Synopsis:       Possible manpage/documentation error? -di option no longer available in 3.0
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Aug 27 09:46:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     apiszcz
>Release:        gcc-3.0

% gcc -di test.c
cc1: warning: unrecognised gcc debugging option: i

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0/gcc_17.html#SEC168

'-di' option not present in gcc-3.0?

NOTE: Sibiling call optimization. This pass performs tail recursion elimination, and tail and
      sibling call optimizations. The purpose of these optimizations is to reduce the
      overhead of function calls, whenever possible.

      The source file of this pass is `sibcall.c'

      The option `-di' causes a debugging dump of the RTL code after this pass is run.
      This dump file's name is made by appending `.sibling' to the input file name.