public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* libgcj/6183: BufferedByteOutputStream doesn't handle InterruptedIOException correctly
@ 2002-04-04 16:16 mark
From: mark @ 2002-04-04 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         6183
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       BufferedByteOutputStream doesn't handle InterruptedIOException correctly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Apr 04 16:16:01 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     mark@klomp.org
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Environment:

The mauve test for BufferedByteOutputStream.interrupt fails since the BufferedByteOutputStream does not handle a InterruptedIOException in the underlying stream correctly.

Tom Tromey writes:
I think I wrote this test.  It is pretty optimistic.  I seem to recall
general agreement that InterruptedIOException couldn't really be
relied on, since even Sun didn't fully implement it on all platforms.

The test has been added to the xfails list of the libjava.mauve testsuite.
>How-To-Repeat:
In your configured and compiled mauve obj dir do:
echo gnu.testlet.java.io.BufferedByteOutputStream.interrupt | ./SimpleTestHarness
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-05  0:16 UTC | newest]