public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libgcj/1442: Change Character implementation
@ 2002-04-07 15:39 mark
From: mark @ 2002-04-07 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, mark, tromey, tromey

Synopsis: Change Character implementation

Responsible-Changed-From-To: tromey->mark
Responsible-Changed-By: mark
Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Apr  7 15:39:02 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I am handling the administration
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: mark
State-Changed-When: Sun Apr  7 15:39:02 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    The recent Character rewrite of Eric fixes this issue. It will be included in the 3.1 release.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=1442

* libgcj/1442: Change Character implementation
@ 2000-12-20 12:27 tromey
From: tromey @ 2000-12-20 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java-gnats

>Number:         1442
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       Change Character implementation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    tromey
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 20 12:19:54 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Tom Tromey
>Release:        current cvs
>Environment:

Currently we have the choice of "fast" or "small"
java.lang.Character implementations.

It turns out that implementing a 2-level table,
where the second level is omitted if the entire page
holds the same value, is smaller than our current
"small" implementation and nearly as fast as our
"fast" implementation.  We should remove the choice
and instead reimplement this way.

See libunicode for an example of how to do this.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail: