public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/5305: wrong constructor called --default argument in constructor not seen
@ 2002-04-26  7:44 nathan
From: nathan @ 2002-04-26  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, vavasis

Synopsis: wrong constructor called --default argument in constructor not seen

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: nathan
State-Changed-When: Fri Apr 26 07:43:57 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    please provide sample code

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=5305

* Re: c++/5305: wrong constructor called --default argument in constructor not seen
@ 2002-04-26  9:39 nathan
From: nathan @ 2002-04-26  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, vavasis

Synopsis: wrong constructor called --default argument in constructor not seen

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->analyzed
State-Changed-By: nathan
State-Changed-When: Fri Apr 26 09:39:16 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    yup, we seem to be losing the default arg info.

@ 2002-01-07 12:46 vavasis
From: vavasis @ 2002-01-07 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         5305
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       wrong constructor called --default argument in constructor not seen
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 07 12:46:04 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Stephen Vavasis
>Release:        gcc 3.0.2
The wrong constructor (namely DD(int)) is called in the attached program.  Apparently gcc does not notice the default argument.  This bug did not exist in egcs 1.1b. It was apparently introduced in gcc-2.9x, and still remains in gcc-3.0.

>How-To-Repeat:
Compile the above program and run it.  It prints out int ct called.
>Fix:
The fix is to move the default argument into the first declaration of the constructor.  But this is not a language requirement.