public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: target/6625: GCC 3.04 with ARM
@ 2002-05-11  2:56 Philip Blundell
From: Philip Blundell @ 2002-05-11  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/6625; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
To: hubert.castellan@free.fr
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/6625: GCC 3.04 with ARM
Date: 11 May 2002 10:48:48 +0100

 On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 17:16, hubert.castellan@free.fr wrote:
 > With a ./configure --target=arm-linux --disable-threads, make does not compile to the end : crti.o is requested but no file is found. I did not find a crti.c file.
 >
 > With threads enabled, unwind.c compilation is requesting pthread.h which is not found.

 This is not a bug.  You need to install the target C library.

 p.

* Re: target/6625: GCC 3.04 with ARM
@ 2002-05-17 16:42 rth
From: rth @ 2002-05-17 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, hubert.castellan, nobody

Synopsis: GCC 3.04 with ARM

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: rth
State-Changed-When: Fri May 17 16:42:39 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Cross libraries not installed properly.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=6625

* Re: target/6625: GCC 3.04 with ARM
@ 2002-05-17  8:26 Rod Stewart
From: Rod Stewart @ 2002-05-17  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/6625; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rod Stewart <stewart@lab43.org>
To: <hubert.castellan@free.fr>
Cc: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:20:22 -0400 (EDT)

 On 10 May 2002 hubert.castellan@free.fr wrote:

 > With a ./configure --target=arm-linux --disable-threads, make does not
 > compile to the end : crti.o is requested but no file is found. I did
 > not find a crti.c file.

 This is not a GCC bug.  You are missing crti.o which is generally supplied
 by glibc.

 The following sites may have some helpful hints:

 http://www.armlinux.org/docs/toolchain/toolchHOWTO/t1.html
 http://www.handhelds.org

 -Rms

* target/6625: GCC 3.04 with ARM
@ 2002-05-10  9:26 hubert.castellan
From: hubert.castellan @ 2002-05-10  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         6625
>Category:       target
>Synopsis:       GCC 3.04 with ARM
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 10 09:26:00 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     www.gnu.org
>Release:        gcc-3.04
With a ./configure --target=arm-linux --disable-threads, make does not compile to the end : crti.o is requested but no file is found. I did not find a crti.c file.

With threads enabled, unwind.c compilation is requesting pthread.h which is not found.

Previously, I compiled successfully binutil-2.11 (the last version found on gnu)

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I don't know how to do