public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* target/7032: arm-elf-gcc 3.1 generates wrong DWARF-2, unlike 3.0.4
@ 2002-06-14  9:06 a.bocaniciu
From: a.bocaniciu @ 2002-06-14  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         7032
>Category:       target
>Synopsis:       arm-elf-gcc 3.1 generates wrong DWARF-2, unlike 3.0.4
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jun 14 07:06:02 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Adrian Bocaniciu
>Release:        arm-elf-gcc version 3.1
Any executable file built from objects compiled
with "-g" by arm-elf-gcc 3.1 crashes the ARM Ltd.
debugger AXD when trying to load them.  The same
files compiled with arm-elf-gcc 3.0.4 work perfectly.
If I remove from the executable both sections .debug_info
and .debug_line, the file can be loaded without problems,
but that is not useful, since essential debug information
is stripped.  If any of the two sections is not removed,
the AXD debugger crashes with the same uninteligible
error message ("DBE Warning 00255: WIN32 exception code 0xc0000005 was caught in dbess_image\dbt_image.cpp:160";
even if the message says it is a warning, the debugger
becomes unusable and must be closed and restarted).
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile any file with "-g" option using arm-elf-gcc
3.1 and try to load it with ARM Ltd. AXD debugger.
>Fix:
In order to find the location of the bug, one must
search what has changed between V3.0.4 and V3.1 in
the generation of the sections .debug_info and
.debug_line for the target arm-elf
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-14 14:06 UTC | newest]