public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: target/5545: [AIX] gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
@ 2002-06-20 17:05 rth
From: rth @ 2002-06-20 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe_Womack, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: [AIX] gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: rth
State-Changed-When: Thu Jun 20 17:03:49 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Suspect that you'll have better success with --enable-languages=c,objc.
    I recall a patch to detect this mistake going in to 3.2.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=5545

@ 2002-06-20 22:36 Joe_Womack
From: Joe_Womack @ 2002-06-20 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/5545; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe_Womack@agsea.com
To: rth@gcc.gnu.org, Joe_Womack@agsea.com, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/5545: [AIX] gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': A
 file or directory in the path name does not exist.
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:22:05 -0700

 I have also found out that setting the LIBPATH variable makes a difference.

 When I did the compile, it was not set.  Do to some of the other
 applications we are using, it requires us to
 set this variable.

 LIBPATH=/usr/local/lib:<rest_of_paths>
 works, while

 LIBPATH=<rest_of_paths>:/usr/local/lib
 does not.

 I'll see how 3.2 works.

 Joe

 ----
 Joseph Womack
 RHCE Certificate # 807202582805484

 |         |           rth@gcc.gnu.org  |
 |         |           06/20/2002 05:03 |
 |         |           rth; Please      |
 |         |           respond to       |
 |         |           Joe_Womack;      |
 |         |           gcc-bugs; Please |
 |         |           respond to       |
 |         |           gcc-prs; Please  |
 |         |           respond to       |
 |         |           nobody; Please   |
 |         |           respond to       |
 |         |           gcc-gnats        |
   |       To:       Joe_Womack@agsea.com, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org                         |
   |       cc:                                                                                                                   |
   |       Fax to:                                                                                                               |
   |       Subject:  Re: target/5545: [AIX] gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': A file or directory in the path name  |
   |        does not exist.                                                                                                      |