public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* c/7495: GCC generates crashing code when there is large static array
@ 2002-08-05  4:36 gepeng
From: gepeng @ 2002-08-05  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         7495
>Category:       c
>Synopsis:       GCC generates crashing code when there is large static array
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Aug 05 04:36:02 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     gepeng@cheminfo.pku.edu.cn
>Release:        gcc-3.0
when there is large static arrays in my program, GCC tends to generate crashing codes which will recieve SIGSEGV. when debugged, the crashing instruction is always refering to $esp, within the several lines after main(), suggesting stack and/or heap management error.
as we got the program from others and it is too much trouble to change arrays from static to dynamic, could you suggest me any alternative way to fix it?
the CC on sgi o2 workstation under irix 6.3 does not generate crashing codes when compiling the same program.
thanks,
Mannester GE
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: c/7495: GCC generates crashing code when there is large static array
@ 2003-03-11 22:37 neroden
From: neroden @ 2003-03-11 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, gepeng, nobody

Synopsis: GCC generates crashing code when there is large static array

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: neroden
State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 11 22:37:38 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    No feedback 3 months. (sigh)

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7495