public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* debug/7970: Arc profiling doesn't work reliably on global destructors
@ 2002-09-18  6:56 asuffield
From: asuffield @ 2002-09-18  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         7970
>Category:       debug
>Synopsis:       Arc profiling doesn't work reliably on global destructors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Sep 18 06:56:02 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org>
>Release:        gcc version 3.2.1 20020830 (Debian prerelease)
>Environment:

__bb_exit_func is registered with atexit(), to save the profiling data.

I haven't analysed the situation in detail, but this appears to run before functions declared with __attribute__((destructor)), at least. So those don't get profiled (and, slightly more importantly, test coverage misses them).

(If this isn't fixed in the next release, it should probably be documented as a limitation and referenced from the gcov manual).
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-18 13:56 UTC | newest]