public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c++/57: [parser] templates in default arguments
@ 2002-10-23 12:36 Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2002-10-23 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/57; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: nathan@codesourcery.com, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/57: [parser] templates in default arguments
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:31:03 +0100

 Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:-

 > Nathan,
 > the following code has, if I recall correctly, invalid syntax:
 > template <class T, class U>
 > struct A {
 >      static const int n = 0;
 > };
 >
 > template <class T>
 > struct B
 > {
 >      template <class U>
 >      void foo (int = A<T, U>::n) { }
 > };
 > In the default argument parsing, there's a "," not nested inside
 > parentheses. This stops default argument parsing. If you agree, then this
 > report should be closed.

 FWIW Comeau accepts it in strict conforming mode.

 Neil.

* Re: c++/57: [parser] templates in default arguments
@ 2002-10-24 12:46 Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2002-10-24 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/57; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>
To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan@codesourcery.com>
Cc: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
	gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:43:41 +0100

 Nathan Sidwell wrote:-

 > >I think I recall there was a defect report about this, but I can't seem to
 > >find it anymore, and I also don't recall whether it was resolved either
 > >way or other ...
 > 325. http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_active.html#325
 > I'm surprised comeau accepts your example, Neil, because I experimented
 > with the EDG frontend too.

 I just used their on-line compiler.  The only compiler I "own" is GCC
 8-)

 Neil.

* Re: c++/57: [parser] templates in default arguments
@ 2002-10-24  0:56 Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2002-10-24  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/57; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan@codesourcery.com>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:48:36 +0100

 Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
 >>>     void foo (int = A<T, U>::n) { }
 >>>---------------------------------------------
 >>>In the default argument parsing, there's a "," not nested inside
 >>>parentheses. This stops default argument parsing. If you agree, then this
 >>>report should be closed.
 >>
 >>FWIW Comeau accepts it in strict conforming mode.
 >

 > I think I recall there was a defect report about this, but I can't seem to
 > find it anymore, and I also don't recall whether it was resolved either
 > way or other ...
 325. http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_active.html#325
 I'm surprised comeau accepts your example, Neil, because I experimented
 with the EDG frontend too.

 nathan

 --
 Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
           'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'

* Re: c++/57: [parser] templates in default arguments
@ 2002-10-23 18:16 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2002-10-23 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/57; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>
Cc: nathan@codesourcery.com, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:10:32 -0500 (CDT)

 > >      void foo (int = A<T, U>::n) { }
 > > In the default argument parsing, there's a "," not nested inside
 > > parentheses. This stops default argument parsing. If you agree, then this
 > > report should be closed.
 >
 > FWIW Comeau accepts it in strict conforming mode.

 I think I recall there was a defect report about this, but I can't seem to
 find it anymore, and I also don't recall whether it was resolved either
 way or other ...

 Wolfgang

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:           bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                                www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth

* Re: c++/57: [parser] templates in default arguments
@ 2002-10-22 16:56 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2002-10-22 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c++/57; it has been noted by GNATS.