public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/8339: insn does not satisfy its constraints
@ 2002-10-29  5:28 rth
From: rth @ 2002-10-29  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: double, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: insn does not satisfy its constraints

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: rth
State-Changed-When: Tue Oct 29 05:28:10 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Fixed.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8339

* Re: c/8339: insn does not satisfy its constraints
@ 2002-10-27  4:36 Pat Double
From: Pat Double @ 2002-10-27  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8339; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Pat Double <double@inebraska.com>
To: rth@gcc.gnu.org, double@inebraska.com, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
	gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c/8339: insn does not satisfy its constraints
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:26:13 -0500

* Re: c/8339: insn does not satisfy its constraints
@ 2002-10-25 13:50 rth
From: rth @ 2002-10-25 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: double, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: insn does not satisfy its constraints

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: rth
State-Changed-When: Fri Oct 25 13:49:53 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Attachment truncated.

    Please try the current 3.2 branch.  There have been several
    similar bugs fixed recently.

@ 2002-10-25 13:06 Jason Borden
From: Jason Borden @ 2002-10-25 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/8339; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jason Borden <jborden@sorenson.com>
To: double@inebraska.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:04:57 -0600

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=3Dview%20audit-trail&database=
 =3Dgcc&pr=3D8339

 I just thought that I'd add to this bug, since I've had the same issue. =
 The=20
 problem seems to be caused by the -mfpmath=3Dsse flag in combination =
 with the=20
 pentium4 (as far as I can tell). I've run into this bug only twice. =
 Once when=20
 compiling the gsmatrix.c file previously mentioned and the other when=20
 compiling postgresql-7.2.3, the src/backend/utils/adt/float.c file. =
 I've=20
 compiled these same files on a pentium3 (using -march=3Dpentium3 and no =
 -sse2)=20
 and on an athlon-xp (using -march=3Dathlon-xp and no -sse2, but also =
 having=20
 -m3dnow) and the bug does not occur in these situations. I've =
 reproduced this=20
 bug on pentium4 and pentium4-m (mobile) processors. Hope this =
 information=20
 will be of help.

 Jason