public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling
@ 2002-10-31 11:16 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-10-31 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
To: scott@timesys.com (Scott Wood)
Cc: Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM (Joe Buck), dj@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:10:17 -0800 (PST)

 > Yes, separate build directories work fine.

 OK, downgrading to priority "medium".

* Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling
@ 2002-10-31 12:16 H. J. Lu
From: H. J. Lu @ 2002-10-31 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
To: scott@timesys.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:13:06 -0800

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7090

 I have been cross compiling to Linux/mips and Linux/mipsel. But I do
 have some cross compiling patches:

 You can try my gcc 3.2 rpm at

 ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/redhat/7.3/test/

 Everything is cross compiled there.

 H.J.

* Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling
@ 2002-10-31 11:06 Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2002-10-31 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Wood <scott@timesys.com>
To: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
Cc: dj@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:01:25 -0500

 On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:22:28AM -0800, Joe Buck wrote:
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7090
 >
 > Scott, if you use a different srcdir and builddir, can you
 > successfully build a cross-compiler?

 Yes, separate build directories work fine.

 -Scott

* Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling
@ 2002-10-31 10:26 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-10-31 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
To: scott@timesys.com, dj@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh
 when cross-compiling
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:22:28 -0800

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7090

 Scott, if you use a different srcdir and builddir, can you successfully
 build
 a cross-compiler?

 If you can, then I'd like to downgrade the priority of this PR to
 "medium" so it
 is no longer a blocker for the 3.2.1 release.  I'll add an item in the
 release
 notes warning of the problem (if it is not fixed in time).

* Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling
@ 2002-10-29 17:56 Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2002-10-29 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Wood <scott@timesys.com>
To: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
Cc: scott@timesys.com, neroden@twcny.rr.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
	gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:50:01 -0500

 On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 11:38:15PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

 > > I still get the error with 3.2, in the configure script for libffi.
 >
 > The PR was against 3.1.  Could you check 3.1, making sure that the
 > sources you have include the patch listed in the PR?  I'll also test
 > 3.2, making sure that libffi gets involved.

 I tried CVS of 3.1 from the day after that which was listed on the
 patch, and I still get the error in libffi.  3.1.1 (as well as the
 head of the 3.1 branch) gives:

 ./../../../configure: ./../../../configure: No such file or directory
 configure: error: ./../../../configure failed for libU77
 make: *** [configure-target-libf2c] Error 1

 -Scott

* Re: bootstrap/7090: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling
@ 2002-10-26 20:46 DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2002-10-26 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
To: scott@gw.timesys.com
Cc: neroden@twcny.rr.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:38:15 -0400

@ 2002-10-26 20:36 Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2002-10-26 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Wood <scott@gw.timesys.com>
To: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
Cc: neroden@twcny.rr.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
	gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:31:19 -0400

@ 2002-10-25 18:26 DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2002-10-25 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
To: neroden@twcny.rr.com
Cc: scott@timesys.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
 when cross-compiling

From: DJ Delorie @ 2002-10-25 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
To: neroden@twcny.rr.com
Cc: scott@timesys.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
 when cross-compiling
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:22:15 -0400

@ 2002-10-25 16:46 Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2002-10-25 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/7090; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>
To: scott@timesys.com, dj@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
 when cross-compiling
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:38:26 -0400

 Is this still a problem?  I'm inclined to close it.

@ 2002-06-25 23:36 dj
From: dj @ 2002-06-25 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, scott

Synopsis: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->feedback
State-Changed-By: dj
State-Changed-When: Tue Jun 25 21:29:33 2002
State-Changed-Why:

@ 2002-06-24 13:46 pme
From: pme @ 2002-06-24 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, scott

Synopsis: libstdc++ configure script fails to find install-sh when cross-compiling

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->dj
Responsible-Changed-By: pme
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Jun 24 09:11:29 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    build machinery maintainer
State-Changed-From-To: closed->analyzed
State-Changed-By: pme
State-Changed-When: Mon Jun 24 09:11:29 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Reopened on release manager request:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-06/msg01506.html

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7090