public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libstdc++/7843: Memory not freed when printing complex number
@ 2002-11-06  8:59 bkoz
From: bkoz @ 2002-11-06  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, oldham

Synopsis: Memory not freed when printing complex number

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: bkoz
State-Changed-When: Wed Nov  6 08:59:20 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    Fixed.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7843

* Re: libstdc++/7843: Memory not freed when printing complex number
@ 2002-11-05 19:46 Jeffrey Oldham
From: Jeffrey Oldham @ 2002-11-05 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/7843; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeffrey Oldham <oldham@codesourcery.com>
To: bkoz@gcc.gnu.org, bkoz@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, oldham@codesourcery.com,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/7843: Memory not freed when printing complex number
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:40:30 -0800

 bkoz@gcc.gnu.org wrote:
 > Synopsis: Memory not freed when printing complex number
 >
 > Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->bkoz
 > Responsible-Changed-By: bkoz
 > Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Nov  5 19:30:14 2002
 > Responsible-Changed-Why:
 >     Mine.
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: bkoz
 > State-Changed-When: Tue Nov  5 19:30:14 2002
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     Hey. I think this was fixed a while back. I'm using valgrind on RH8, and I don't see anything with this output. Note, the pool allocators used by default with libstdc++ may confuse memory checking programs. There's a way around this for CVS head, where you can switch to the malloc_alloc allocators with GLIBCPP_USE_NEW defined. That work will work its way into gcc-3_2-branch for the next stable release.
 >
 >     best,
 >     benjamin
 >
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=7843

 Thanks for looking into this.

 Jeffrey D. Oldham
 oldham@codesourcery.com

* Re: libstdc++/7843: Memory not freed when printing complex number
@ 2002-11-05 19:30 bkoz