public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/1987: GCC 2.95.2 fails to build under Interix 2.2
@ 2002-11-26  1:56 bangerth
From: bangerth @ 2002-11-26  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bo, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: GCC 2.95.2 fails to build under Interix 2.2

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bangerth
State-Changed-When: Tue Nov 19 07:57:38 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    This is a rather old bootstrap error. Can you say whether this
    still happens with newer versions of gcc?

    Thanks, W.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=1987

* Re: bootstrap/1987: GCC 2.95.2 fails to build under Interix 2.2
@ 2002-11-28 15:27 Wolfgang Bangerth
From: Wolfgang Bangerth @ 2002-11-28 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/1987; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
To: Bo Najdrovsky <bo@tekelec.com>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>, <ben.laws@iex.com>
Subject: Re: bootstrap/1987: GCC 2.95.2 fails to build under Interix 2.2
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:41:04 -0600 (CST)

 > >Synopsis: GCC 2.95.2 fails to build under Interix 2.2

 I noticed that Interix is not on the list of supported platforms. Is it
 supported nevertheless, or has support for it been dropped in the
 meantime?

 W.

 Wolfgang Bangerth              email:           bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                                www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth

* Re: bootstrap/1987: GCC 2.95.2 fails to build under Interix 2.2
@ 2002-11-28 15:26 Bo Najdrovsky
From: Bo Najdrovsky @ 2002-11-28 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/1987; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bo Najdrovsky <bo@tekelec.com>
To: bangerth@dealii.org,  gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,  gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: ben.laws@iex.com
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:19:04 -0600

 bangerth@dealii.org wrote:

 >Synopsis: GCC 2.95.2 fails to build under Interix 2.2
 >
 >State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 >State-Changed-By: bangerth
 >State-Changed-When: Tue Nov 19 07:57:38 2002
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >    This is a rather old bootstrap error. Can you say whether this
 >    still happens with newer versions of gcc?
 >
 >    Thanks, W.
 >
 >http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=1987

 Honestly, I haven't tried to build it lately, but I suspect that the
 problem still exists unless the people at Microsoft submitted some major
 patches to the project.   Interix is now known as Services For Unix, and
 I know that we have been able to get a newer version of the compiler
 built here inhouse (I believe it was 2.95.3), but I am not familiar with
 the level of difficulty that was involved in doing so.  I am CC'ing the
 person here that built it.   Ben, do you have any comments on this?

 Bo Najdrovsky
 bo@iex.com