public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: dieter.ferdinand@gmx.de
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: other/8822: internal error segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:06:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>Number:         8822
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       internal error segmentation fault
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Dec 05 07:06:00 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     dieter.ferdinand@gmx.de
>Release:        gcc 3.xxx (3.2.1 and earlier) and 2.95.3
hello,
i tried to compile different version of gcc on my new installed system with glibc 2.3.1.

gcc 2.7.2.3 works fine

gcc 2.8.1 works fine

gcc 2.95.2 works fine, but can't compile it with glibc 2.3.1 while function struct streampos indirectbuf::seekpos(_G_fpos64_t,  is changed
gcc 2.95.3 makes trouble, when it compile itself
In file included from hash.c:29:
with oder glibc i have no problems to compile this version
/src/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/hash.h:30: parse error before `hash_table_key'
/src/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/hash.h:30: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
i can compile this version with older glibc-includes, but i mast start this process more than once (internal error, segmentation fault or so)

when i compile gcc 3.2 i get this error with this version:
gcc -c -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -If -I. -I./f -I./config -I./../include f/com.c -o f/com.o
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

make[1]: *** [f/com.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/gcc-3.2/gcc'

gcc 3.0.4
it has problems with the new glibc in this lib:
.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/locale.o
In file included from locale.cc:557:
/src/gcc-3.0.4/i586-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bits/ctype_noninline.h: In
   constructor `std::ctype<char>::ctype(const short unsigned int*, bool,
   unsigned int)':
i will try with a newer version from other gcc-version.

gcc 3.1
problems with libiberty and glibc 2.3.1
i will try to use a version from other gcc-version

gcc 3.2
compied with gcc 3.2
gcc -c -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I. -I./. -I./config -I./../include loop.c -o loop.o
loop.c: In function `strength_reduce':
loop.c:5247: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,

gcc 3.2.1 make troble, when it compile itself (internal error, segmentation fault) same problem, when i compile glibc. after restart of make, it compiles the file, at which it terminates before with internal error
this errors happens with different source-file which doesn't have errors

i think, that here is a uninitialized pointer in the compiler source wich have different values at each time the compiler is started.

i can compile the most programms with version 2.7.xx or 2.95.2, but some programms (also glibc 2.3.1) need a newer compiler (>3.x) and i don't find it good, when i get errors when i compile the source, which are not errors in the source.

if you can't reproduce this bug, i can you give you access to my system, on which this bug comes every time, when i compile the gcc-source.

goodby