public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libstdc++/9066: docs for char_traits template not having an implementation
@ 2002-12-27 14:43 pme
From: pme @ 2002-12-27 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 158988, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, pme

Synopsis: docs for char_traits template not having an implementation

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->pme
Responsible-Changed-By: pme
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Dec 27 14:43:55 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    Mine.
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: pme
State-Changed-When: Fri Dec 27 14:43:55 2002
State-Changed-Why:
    They've already been written.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9066

* Re: libstdc++/9066: docs for char_traits template not having an implementation
@ 2002-12-27 14:46 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2002-12-27 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pme; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/9066; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com>
To: 158988@bugs.debian.org
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/9066: docs for char_traits template not having an implementation
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:42:59 -0500

 On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 03:58:14PM -0000, 158988@bugs.debian.org wrote:
 > >Originator:     158988@bugs.debian.org

 GAAAH!  Now the braindead BTS will email "info received" messages to
 gcc-gnats, which will file them away as "bug reports I wasn't able to parse,"
 which means somebody will have to go through and weed them all out manually.

 Please tell me that the Debian BTS will recognize the gcc-gnats address as
 a special case and not send anything to it automatically.  Or (hint, hint)
 provide a general way for people to /tell/ the BTS, "hey, stop sending me
 the automated crap".

 Annoyingly, there's no easy documented way to add oneself to the list of
 recipients of an existing BTS number, and there's no way to remove oneself
 from getting junk from the BTS itself.

 > On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 04:07:36PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
 >
 > I should add that the recent August archives of the libstdc++ list
 > (gcc.gnu.org) have examples of how to do the gory details.  They will
 > be formalized into note in the online docs as soon as someone (read: me)
 > has the time, and possibly may be coded into an <ext/something> header.

 That's been done:  http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/21_strings/howto.html#5

* libstdc++/9066: docs for char_traits template not having an implementation
@ 2002-12-27  8:06 158988
From: 158988 @ 2002-12-27  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

[from http://bugs.debian.org/158988]